Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

02/17/2021 1:47 AM
OldMan41, depends what is "a pot"... usually is more accurate to specify the brew ratio, instead grams of coffee. The most usual is 1:15, thus 40 grams for 600 ml of water. If the 100 grams are for one liter pot, then we are talking about 1:10 ratio.

02/16/2021 10:13 AM
Hey! I looked into how many grams per pot of coffee. WOW! 100grams? I only use 40+ish. Anybody else???

02/10/2021 7:05 AM
Thanks JackH. Just have so many other projects going, haven't taken the time to get on here. From time to time I would just glance and see what was going on.

Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,024
Newest Member: TFChangs
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Homeroasting mainstream again?
DavidG
We all know that in the 1800s and early 1900s, everyone did what we do...

Apparently, the young hipsters on the Food Channel's new, younger sib are getting back to roots. This is an advert for their new show. Guess I'll have to watch the coffee roasting episode.

Note: play the video on the left sidebar. Gotta love the recycled tennis racquet handle.
http://www.nytime....html?8dpc

DavidG
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)
seedlings
It's just that easy... Will they use a BBQ? Will they use a camping stove? We're just hanging!

Nice link David!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover
randytsuch
I thought it was interesting, but building something that looks like it's intended for hand cranking in a BBQ doesn't seem like its going to create many new home roasters.

I guess it makes for better TV then buying a Behmor or something similiar, and throwing some beans in it.

Randy
John Despres
Gotta build one of those... CHAD, may I borrow your tennis racket, please?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
seedlings

John Despres wrote:
Gotta build one of those... CHAD, may I borrow your tennis racket, please?

John

I'm thinking of modifying my tennis racket only. 3' extra length and a couple of elbows ought to give me a 20-love advantage every game.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover
ginny
Thanks David, great link!!

ginny
Shock
Jump to Forum: