Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community » HOMEROASTER USER GROUPS (HUGS) » South HUGS
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GA HUG 2
David
An eclectic group gathered from CoffeeGeek, GAroasters, SweetMarias Listers, and our own homeroasters.org gathered tonight at the Coffee Lodge in Cumming GA, on the north side of Atlanta. After some barista training under the guidance of shop manager Dave LaMont, we ventured back into the Lodge's wonderfully well-equipped kichen area for a little Homeroasting 101.

As six folks looked on, yours truly demonstrated the use of the heat gun and bread-machine-powered "DeepDish" dogbowl [http://homeroaste...asters.htm] on 550g of SweetMarias Uganda AA Bugisu. We scooped out some beans at various temperatures (see picture in next post) to get a record of the roast development.

After rapid cooling in a colander place in my upside-down leaf blower (non-OSHA approved), beans were munched and Oohs and Aahs were expressed.

Afer that David LaMont took the controls as two more folks joined in to watch. About a pound of SM's Sumatra Manhelding Grade One DP roasted up beautifully. More munching, Ooh's and Aah's, especially by the new on-lookers who had not heard of or seen homeroasting before. David L promised to grind some of the beans up for them to try out in their new coffee pot. Might as well start them out right!! Heheh. They'll be spoiled for life!!

s:8
David attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by David on 04/01/2006 10:42 PM

David
Here's the picture of the roast development of the Uganda AA Bugisu (SweetMarias) that we did for the demo (First crack was at about 395F and second crack at around 435F on my thermocouple.)

peterz
Very nice cooler setup David!s:2
Glad you had such a great meeting Grin
Edited by peterz on 04/01/2006 10:56 PM

David
Thanks, peterz.

For serious cooling I use the RollerDome... B)

Edited by David on 04/02/2006 1:29 AM

David
Here's the RollerDome at the business end of the leaf blower: Shock

Edited by David on 04/02/2006 1:31 AM

David
I almost forgot my shameless promotion of our not-for-profit site.
I gave away several pounds of vacuum-sealed homroasted coffee.

Subtle, eh? B)

Edited by David on 04/02/2006 5:34 PM

Jump to Forum: