04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from the Nutmeg State
coffeeroastersclub
Hello from Connecticut, land of taxation without representation and the highest gas prices in New England! :@

On a brighter note, we did have Nathan Hale, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country". ThumbsUp

I hail a town over from his birthplace in Coventry, Connecticut.

Len
Edited by coffeeroastersclub on 02/12/2011 1:29 AM
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

seedlings
Welcome, Len! (Although I though't you'd been here before... no biggie)

How's business?

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

coffeeroastersclub
Hello Chad. I believe I registered a couple years ago when I put up an item for a charity auction you were having. I had not done any posting since that point; however I wish to get a bit more involved with the board. I enjoy the community atmosphere of like minded coffee addicts such as myself. ThumbsUp

Business is doing well, I have alot of irons in the fire. Always so much to do and so little time to do them.

Outside of business I am very involved in a gasification project (wood gas generation). About ready to spark up a good sized gasifier I built that will both heat our house and produce electricity. It will burn the cardboard we get tons of due to the shipments of materials we use to make our products.

Best regards,
Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

shsesc
I too hail from CT.

I'm currently living in Torrington, but hope to move to Wallingford soon. I grew up in Wallingford.

Do you happen to have found a local seller of green beans?

coffeeroastersclub

shsesc wrote:

I too hail from CT.

I'm currently living in Torrington, but hope to move to Wallingford soon. I grew up in Wallingford.

Do you happen to have found a local seller of green beans?

Hello fellow Nutmegger. From CT also, huh? You have my sympathy. LOL

There are no sellers of green beans in CT because there are no businesses left in the State (besides me of course).

All kidding aside, if you are looking for a local supplier the only one I can think of is CoffeeBeanDirect.com . They are located in New Jersey, home of His Corpulence Gov. Christie. Roflmao

Len

Gregman
Hello and welcome,

There is a Green bean resource located in CT.
Roastmasters.com which is the sister business of the local roaster Willoughby's Coffee & Tea in Branford, CT.
I regularly do business with them and pick up beans on site.
Their prices are moderate but the selection is quite good.
No affiliation here just a local bean lover.
Greg-
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

shsesc
Next time I'm down in Wallingford I'll make the short(er) trip to Branford then. I have to admit I was laughing at coffeeroastersclub's post until I thought more about it and thought I shouldn't be laughing, I should be crying. All my family and my wife's family is here. If it were not for that I'd move to New Hampshire probably, or Wyoming maybe.

coffeeroastersclub

shsesc wrote:

Next time I'm down in Wallingford I'll make the short(er) trip to Branford then. I have to admit I was laughing at coffeeroastersclub's post until I thought more about it and thought I shouldn't be laughing, I should be crying. All my family and my wife's family is here. If it were not for that I'd move to New Hampshire probably, or Wyoming maybe.

CT is in a sad state of affairs. Check this out: I went to our Town Hall to register our 2 dogs (one neutered, one not neutered). $8 for neutered reg, $19 for not neutered. The Town Clerk informed me that the town only gets to keep $1 out of each reg fee, and of that $1 first class postage has to be paid for the postcard they send notifying us that reg time is coming. All the rest of the fee goes to the State of Connecticut where they get to P*SS it away on God only knows what. thumbdown

Just last week my wife and I went up to Massachusetts to get a piece of equipment. As soon as we crossed State lines the gas prices went down 40 cents a gallon.

Mass used to be nicknamed Taxachusetts. I guess Connecticut has taken the title away from them. Is it any wonder why hard working people are leaving CT in droves? I'd be out of here in a heartbeat if it were not for family ties.

Len
Edited by coffeeroastersclub on 06/13/2013 3:58 PM

MassWineGuy
I face similar scenarios here in Massachusetts. Our town charges one dollar or so more to register unneutered dogs, which I think is a good idea. All cats and dogs should be neutered unless you breed them. Funny that you found the fuel cheaper here. I live near the NH border and often go there to fill up my car.

BarryR
Hello from Wilbraham, MA.
I actually bought my Behmor 1600, Brazen and then my Hottop from roastmasters. It works out well as the shipping is super fast to Mass, but I don't pay tax since I'm out of state. Excellent service. Their beans are good but seem priced a little high.

I like their two espresso blends (especially the Firenze).

If there are ever any coffee events within 60 or so miles of me (I'm near Springflied), I'd love to join in.
Barry

Jump to Forum: