Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Nicaragua SHG Placeres Estate (reserved)
compaddict
Well then! Money sent and thank you very much Chad!

Vince

seedlings wrote:

compaddict wrote:

I only do paypal.. Sorry!

Vince

OK, then send $51 paypal to:

seedlingscoffee at gmail . com

CHAD

Artisan 3e, Proline grinder modded w/SSP, Behmor brewer

jzuzphreek
Wait, I just read your PS, are we talking about the same guy? The Trevor I'm talking about is Trevor Dreyfus. I may have erred when I said he was a manager. Reading through my conversations with him, I don't think he is. He's a commodities trader.
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

seedlings

jzuzphreek wrote:

Wait, I just read your PS, are we talking about the same guy? The Trevor I'm talking about is Trevor Dreyfus. I may have erred when I said he was a manager. Reading through my conversations with him, I don't think he is. He's a commodities trader.

Yep, he's the guy.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

jzuzphreek
It's so crazy, but what makes it crazier is you live in the same town my wife is from. I visit there 2-3 times a year! I think we may have been cousins in a previous life or something. :BigHug:
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

seedlings
This small world keeps shrinking Jessy!

In unrelated news:

The way I presented/inquired/started this buy did not work well with the bulk buy notification system, so let me apologize. I will have to change up a little bit to keep things smooth for future offerings. Thank you for patience.

CHAD

rcwarship
Thanks Again Chad!
The check's in the mail. I swear it is, aw come on just a little coffee.....just a taste, please? LOL
Gracias,
Jon
Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand.

sabalism
Are those 5# still available? I'll get them if so. Thanks, Jamie
Jamie - I like coffee.

Bob J
Chad, MO went in the mail yesterday...... Thanks again for setting this up!

seedlings

sabalism wrote:

Are those 5# still available? I'll get them if so. Thanks, Jamie

Unfortunately, what I have left is mine, or reserved by local friends. Next time :)

CHAD

Gregman
Hey CHAD,

Are there any cupping scores from this one?
Do you already have the beans?
Any idea when you will be able to ship out?

Thanks again dude, You Rock
Greg
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

Gregman
Bump

seedlings
Just picked up the beans an hour ago. I have no cupping scores because Zephyr doesn't post them, and I haven't roasted any. Plus, I'm not so good at writing official cupping scores- I have little experience. I can only say what I taste and how well I like it.
:)

Unfortunately there is a little bit of risk built-in to the beans I get. I'm willing to take the risk to keep costs down, however, there are so very many placed to get top-quality beans with thorough information that my offerings will not be for everyone.

Hope this answers your question Greg. I've had precious few moments on the computer the last week or so. I didn't catch your question the other day.

It is not likely I will be able to ship the coffee until Monday. Weigh and pack- yes, but making it to the post office by noon tomorrow is not possible as I am in a charity walk for orphans in the AM.

CHAD

compaddict
Thanks for all your work!

Vince
Artisan 3e, Proline grinder modded w/SSP, Behmor brewer

Gregman
Yeah, I was just curious dude. We trust your judgment Chad.
I hope my questions did not sound ungrateful.
We are looking forward to trying something new....

Thanks Again,
Greg

seedlings

Gregman wrote:

Yeah, I was just curious dude. We trust your judgment Chad.
I hope my questions did not sound ungrateful.
We are looking forward to trying something new....

Thanks Again,
Greg

No, it was good question Greg. It would be nice if Zephyr had cupping scores. The rep I used to talk to (who doesn't work for zephyr any longer), would tell me things like "it's a solid 89" or something like that, when we talked about coffees. I agree about wanting something different, which is why we're in a Central instead of another African.

Happy Easter friends!

CHAD

seedlings
Packing the coffee now after a busier weekend than anticipated.

Thanks!

CHAD

seedlings
The bag is empty!

i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/seedlings/IMG_06831.jpg

Boxed, labeled, ship in the morning.

I did roast some 2 days ago. It has dark chocolate, noughat/carmel/malted milkballs with some nuttiness. Just the right amount of acidic tingle, in the form of perhaps apple or pear (faint). It's a daily drinker kind of coffee. I roasted to 430F City ++. Next roast will be much lighter.

CHAD

Gregman
Found this on a Zephyr site.....

Nicaragua Placeres Estate
Pure Matagalpa single estate coffee. A beautiful farm with copious shade, practically a museum of Nicaraguan coffee history. The cup, rich deep and tobacco; crisp with cognac aftertaste. Visit the Placeres website: http://smierisch.googlepages.com/fincalosplaceres2.

ajrunningbiking
Thanks again, Chad, for the local pick-up!! Great to meet another home roaster!!

I was so excited last night, I found a few extra minutes and did a roast. I roasted this one to 430 degrees as well.

I am dealing with one righteous sinus infection Shock, so my taster is going to be off. After less than a day's rest, I am really liking this. Definitely has more body than I expected. Definitely get kind of a bitter sweet chocolate upfront with a nutty caramel throughout. For me, the tobacco flavor hits in the finish, which I really like.

Can't wait to pull a shot with this one and roast it on a lighter degree of roast to see if I can bring the acidity up.

Andy

seedlings
Yes Andy, appreciate the roasting conversation with local pickup!

The cigar/tobacco kicks in more after 4 days. As does the 'crisp congac', which I first alluded to as apple or pear acidity.

This NIC is what you might get if Sumatra and Kenya got together and had a little baby origin. Tobacco/Leather/body from the Sumatra and wineyness snap from the Kenya.

CHAD

Bob J
Chad,
Just wanted to drop you a note that the beans arrived yesterday in great shape..... Can't wait to give these a try..... Much appreciate you doing this for us!

Bob

Unta
Sounds like a great coffee CHAD!
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

Cam
Thanks Chad...my beans arrived yesterday as well in perfect shape.

Cam
Just roasted this yesterday and pulled a shot today. Very intense flavorful dark chocolate on the edge of bitter along with strong caramel and nutty flavors....really very good. I roasted to full city in a Behmor (9 ounces with the 1 pound setting, B, P1, open door during cooling cycle). I am curious how the profile will change after the coffee rests more.

seedlings
I have been pulling some shots as well. I roasted to about 445F, which was about :20 into second crack. For me this Nic has the right balance between bitterness and sweetness, with malty caramels. I let mine rest about a week before trying. I didn't have any tasty espresso success with beans roasted lighter.

CHAD

Jump to Forum: