Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Anyone else gonna try this?
John Despres
http://teeccino.com/

Ugh...
This is what I posted on Facebook under a pitch for this product...

Foul! The following statement is a contradiction in their own ad: "Citrus top notes from orange peel..."

When we speak of acidity in coffee, we are speaking of the brightness or the citrus quality, the tang, the tingle not it's PH levels.

Coffee is virtually PH neutral. If coffee upsets someone's system, it's more than likely the bad coffee one is drinking. It could be based on bad beans, bad roasting, poor brewing or all of the above. Caffeine may be a cause of irritation as well, although the benefits of caffeine are great.

Using age old snake oil methods to deride the very high health benefits of coffee is ridiculous these days. More and more studies are proving coffee to be one of the most healthful beverages available today. These studies are coming from Harvard, Mayo, Johns Hopkins and numerous other highly venerated institutions.

Teeccino may very well be a tasty product, but the creator is highly inaccurate in her statements about coffee and demonstrating a lot of ignorance. Perhaps she really knows better, but is using scare tactics to pitch her product. Old man Kellogg, while touting his coffee substitute 'Postum' drank a lot of coffee because he knew better.

Poke around here for starters, then do more research:
http://www.coffee...
Edited by John Despres on 06/26/2012 8:40 PM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

coffeeroastersclub
John, I read the main selling point on their site, "Teeccino, America's #1 Coffee Alternative".

I always thought "America's #1 Coffee Alternative" was tea! :smiley-837.gif:

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

John Despres

coffeeroastersclub wrote:

John, I read the main selling point on their site, "Teeccino, America's #1 Coffee Alternative".

I always thought "America's #1 Coffee Alternative" was tea! :smiley-837.gif:

Len

Me too, Len, me too! Or beer.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

JETROASTER
Give 'em both barrels!! A complete load of crap!
Sadly, the site is well built, and they seem to say everything
that the target customer is hoping to hear.

They have found the perfect solution for a problem we never had.

Here's the latest from the NY Times. I'll stick with my good old fashioned caffiene!

http://well.blogs.../?emc=eta1

I tried to make that clickable....I lost patience quickly.
Do I need Teecino? -Scott

Edit - There. Weird URL...
Edited by John Despres on 06/27/2012 11:44 AM

John Despres
And my sister loves the stuff. She lives life on a very, very limited diet and this is something she can enjoy.

I'm all for various products, but don't make spurious claims to sell it.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres

ginny
yuck...

is all I have to say.

ginny

:smiley-837.gif:

Jump to Forum: