04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Starbucks... again
Dan
Why is it that when some people hear you are into roasting coffee bring you roasted coffee to try? If only they brought greens! On top of that, they don't bring good coffee.

I got two bags of coffee at our family reunion last week. One was interesting, direct from a trip to Costa Rica. The other was from Starbucks. It was from their Tribute blend. Five different beans resulting in coffee that is "spicy and full-bodied with berry and dark cherry notes." Never mind that the hyphen doesn't belong. The coffee was what you'd expect, over roasted. Not by much, but still a few degrees past prime, to me. It was reasonably fresh, no more than 7-10 days old. Full bodied? No. Berry and cherry? No. What really surprised me was the amount of defects. Here's a spoonful from the middle of the bag. I hate to think what the bottom will look like!
Dan attached the following image:
starbucks_tribute.jpg

jkoll42
On the upside, it's partially preground for press!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

ciel-007
Dan, I?ve been experiencing similar events, feel the same way you do about it, and have been asking the very same questions? Thanks for sharing. Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

ginny
I have just the opposite happen, anyone who travels brings me greens from around the world.

wild greens from Africa, greens from Kona family farms, you name it.

great stuff, fresh too, not from bins in Whole Foods.

ginny

beach

ciel-007
Ginny, I?ve experienced similar events as well, albeit on much much fewer occasions... Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Dan
I need a new set of friends and a new family!!!

snwcmpr

not from bins in Whole Foods

Whole foods has green beans?

Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

ginny
yes, many do.

my sister was in Dallas and said she passed them by at the Whole Foods since she knew I would make some comment about quality even if they were wrapped in China silk...

-g

snob, you bet when it comes to my beans...

smoking

Jump to Forum: