Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tastify
boar_d_laze
I'd been looking for a cupping/archiving program that would get me off my paper score sheets. On a recommendation from Marshall (endless cycles) on HB, subscribed to Tastify's free 30 day try-out period yesterday afternoon.

I tried it and thought it was very impressive.

Scoring systems like SCAA and COE have their own set of problems, including that they're really more about green bean than roast evaluation; but -- from my perspective -- the worst thing is the lack of software versions for PC or Android. The systems available for PC and Android (Cupping Lab is the best) are way too simplistic.

Tastify is a cloud based app, which works very well on PCs and Android tabs; and probably just as well on iOS. Even though it's workable, "data entry," putting in the coffee name and so on, might be a little too typing intensive to do easily on phones.

If you've scored on SCAA or COE type sheets, you'll find Tastify natural. It's not only exactly what I needed but coffees I roasted and scored (by memory) on Tasitfy got very similar results to the same beans roasted by professionals and scored by Ken Davids on CR.

No one's going to score exactly the same as anyone else, but it's nice to have something that's at least a partly objective basis for communicating with other people.

At $10/mo per individual or $15/mo for multiple licenses it's not cheap. Looking worth it though.

Tastify's official roll out is at the SCAA Seattle Event (starts Thursday), but it's already online here.

Rich
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

boar_d_laze
Here's a link to a more complete review I posted on H-B. This program is overkill for someone who doesn't roast a fair number of different coffees and/or doesn't tweak profiles, but for those who do it's what we've been waiting for.

Rich
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood

ginny
Rich:

Just saw this post, thanks for taking time for he update us on this and I will check it out asap...

cool...

though for many a home roaster it is a bit pricey...

cool

ginny

Jump to Forum: