Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,220
Newest Member: compactjack

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My roastery/roasting station...
turtle
I'm still working on the wife so I can build a garden/roasting shed. I am using the term shed in the basic sense of the word, as it will be 18 x 24 concrete block building with a 6' wide roll up door going out to a stone patio area (away from the house).

If this comes into being the roaster will "migrate" from a cart to a permanent indoor location with a fixed exhaust vent through the roof. I've got 2" underground conduit starting out from the house toward where I want to build it so it is a "tad" more than just a thought :)
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

ChicagoJohn

turtle wrote:

I'm still working on the wife so I can build a garden/roasting shed. I am using the term shed in the basic sense of the word, as it will be 18 x 24 concrete block building with a 6' wide roll up door going out to a stone patio area (away from the house).

If this comes into being the roaster will "migrate" from a cart to a permanent indoor location with a fixed exhaust vent through the roof. I've got 2" underground conduit starting out from the house toward where I want to build it so it is a "tad" more than just a thought :)

You are lucky to have this much WAF (wife acceptance factor) in your favor. If I suggested an idea like this to my wife, she would say, "Fine: Just make sure you add enough space for a cot at night and an outdoor latrine."
So many beans; so little time....

turtle

ChicagoJohn wrote:

turtle wrote:

You are lucky to have this much WAF (wife acceptance factor) in your favor. If I suggested an idea like this to my wife, she would say, "Fine: Just make sure you add enough space for a cot at night and an outdoor latrine."

I have an "ace in the hole that allows me to go "off grid" short term should things get too out of hand at home :)

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/RV/sunrader/jr-wma3-6-2012_zps985bc5a5.jpg

ChicagoJohn

turtle wrote:

I have an "ace in the hole that allows me to go "off grid" short term should things get too out of hand at home :)

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/RV/sunrader/jr-wma3-6-2012_zps985bc5a5.jpg

LOL. I'd say it's more than an ace in the hole; more like a Royal Flush ! :)
So many beans; so little time....

GaryatGala
Now that is a portable man cave. ThumbsUp
If I had one of those, my wife will be coming along.
Serious WAF right there.
Another member of the KKTO rider's club, together with coretto, FZ-RR700 Baby Roaster and a sad sack of less than 20 kilograms of greens.

GaryatGala
Update:
Coretto number three has joined the stable for the weekly 4 kilogram roast sessions.
The venerable KKTO will have a new lid and heatgun set up with roast logging soon.
Another member of the KKTO rider's club, together with coretto, FZ-RR700 Baby Roaster and a sad sack of less than 20 kilograms of greens.

turtle
I can't believe that I haven't posted the new cart set up in this thread....

I found my "lost box of bits" earlier today so now I can get started on automating/interfacing the roaster with artisan to control burners from the laptop

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/food/coffee/roasts/9-23-2015_roast_zpsm73b50zg.jpg

LongLeafSoaps
So jealous! roar
Edited by ginny on 10/29/2015 1:46 PM
Carpe Diem With Coffee

Tony_C
Wow...just wow.

I'd post my roasting/brewing station, but I think we've all seen a kitchen before...lol.

Turtle...well done!

turtle
Post your setup. What you show may help someone with something that they are struggling with.

share.....
Edited by ginny on 10/29/2015 1:47 PM

GaryatGala
Cart looks better than the red one turtle. Kudos. I am also envious. cool
What did you do with the red cart?

Hey Tony. Go ahead, post a new thread about your kit, sit back and take pride in the fact you have come a long way from inferior coffee.
Simply post a new thread and it will show your name as the author.bbq

Tony_C

turtle wrote:
Post your setup. What you show may help someone with something that they are struggling with.
share.....

GaryatGala wrote:
Hey Tony. Go ahead, post a new thread about your kit, sit back and take pride in the fact you have come a long way from inferior coffee.

Okay, I have a whirley pop being modified with a motor, a SC/MC (Magic Chef)being built, KKTO parts being gathered, and around 13 pounds of green beans just begging to be roasted. But, maybe if I'm fueled with some of my beautifully roasted Colombian Papayan, I can throw something together to post.

LongLeafSoaps
I should have shot some pic's during my roast yesterday...next roast, I will start a thread with my kitchen set up also.

I've been on auto pilot the last few days...caught a cold early this year. Dang that sick Bob Evans waitress! Grrrr.......

Shock
Carpe Diem With Coffee

SteveG
My roast station in between 1C and 2C posed to hit the cool down button.
SteveG attached the following image:
roaststn.jpg

...Underdeveloped Roasted Being!

LongLeafSoaps
Nice, organized set up SteveG! ThumbsUp

I especially like the fire extinguisher, and your modded air popper ;D
Carpe Diem With Coffee

SteveG
It was cleaned up only for the photo op ...most times it's a smoky mess! Trying to get better at labeling my roasts too ...so I know what I'm drinking the next morning! Hah.

Shock SteveG
...Underdeveloped Roasted Being!

LongLeafSoaps

SteveG wrote:

It was cleaned up only for the photo op ...most times it's a smoky mess! Trying to get better at labeling my roasts too ...so I know what I'm drinking the next morning! Hah.

Shock SteveG

I decided after my last roast that I really needed to start a log book =P
Carpe Diem With Coffee

LongLeafSoaps

ChicagoJohn wrote:

turtle wrote:

LOL. I'd say it's more than an ace in the hole; more like a Royal Flush ! :)

So jealous of your camper van!!! I would dive off to the country, roast, brew, relax...just because I could, lol!

Oh to dream.........sigh.......
Carpe Diem With Coffee

oldgearhead
The cleaner is seven years-old it served as a cooler when I was running Zach & Dani's roasters. The roaster is only four and a half..
oldgearhead attached the following image:
dsc_3502.jpg

No oil on my beans...

Koffee Kosmo
Better late than never

This is my roasting station
The KKTO sitting at the end of the BBQ - still shiny after a couple of thousand roasts since it was built

KK
Koffee Kosmo attached the following image:
image_42.jpeg

I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

Jump to Forum: