Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Podcasts
ginny
Hi all:

I have been thinking for some time about doing a podcast. If anyone is interested in doing coffee talk, short reviews or whatever to podcast let's talk about it.

ginny

s:8s:8
Edited by ginny on 05/27/2007 9:48 AM

Dan
Ginny, sounds like fun. Like a newsletter, the trick is finding enough information on a regular basis. Reviews makes sense, after all they are one person's opinion and that fits in well with a monologue podcast.

What is involved in making one? I suspect you need a computer with a microphone. What file format is required? How do we distribute them at HR?

btw, what's a pAdcast? :(

ginny
A Podcast is a digital recording of audio content that is downloaded from the internet and listened to on either a computer or a portable media player such as an iPod.

In a nutshell, podcasting is a way for listeners to receive audio content on demand, similar to what TIVO or DVR is to television content. Listeners can subscribe to your podcast via your RSS feed and automatically receive your new show as soon as it is published or simply download the podcast they wish from the forum library.

The listener is able to control when and where he or she listens to your show.

Don?t you need an iPod to listen to
podcasts?

No you don?t. You can download podcasts to any portable media
player or computer. You can even listen to and watch podcasts on
cellular telephones and televisions. Many podcast sites support
downloading shows directly from websites.

Do I need a Mac to listen to or create
podcasts?

No you don?t. You can listen to and create podcasts if you use
a Mac, A Windows machine or even on some Unix computers.

Pretty simple, any member could make a podcast for us, do local interviews with other homeroasters, perhaps we could get the PNWG to do some podcasting for homeroasters.org.

I think any HUG gathering would be a super place to podcast.

I would like to do a bi-weekly/monthly show with any member on just coffee talk. It can be done without my actually siting with a member. Any one of us could do an interview with simply a computer and a mic. A member may want to do a "hand on" building show, walking someone through a certain mod!

from a friend who knows I was trolling for something to allow for better quality audio if I wanted to podcast. Now I guess I have no excuse.

So much for cleaning out my office this long weekend!

ginny

Edited by ginny on 06/03/2007 9:42 AM

David

ginny wrote:
Pretty simple, any member could make a podcast for us, do local interviews with other homeroasters,

I would like to do a bi-weekly/monthly show with any member on just coffee talk.

I like it, ginny.
I like it a lot.

s:2s:2

ginny
Ed:

Well if one was to do a bi-weekly/ monthly show there would be more work but for any informational podcast it's just sitting with a mic telling your story.

Thanks for your support and the wink from the other post!!

g
Edited by ginny on 06/17/2007 10:44 AM

Jump to Forum: