04/23/2024 7:01 PM
Paul Kalb Welcome

renatoa
04/23/2024 4:34 AM
Coffee_Rabbit_Hole
and Michaelion, welcome cup

renatoa
04/21/2024 2:35 AM
compactjack and GreenGenie coffee drink ?

allenb
04/19/2024 8:27 AM
eximwind Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,227
Newest Member: AGZ

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Breville Dose Control Pro
Ozo
The Breville is acting up. I get it dialed in and then it will inexplicably start grinding too fine. I rotate the setting ring a few times and reset it and then it works ok for a while but then it grinds too fine again. There is no apparent change in the setting but the results are changed. EDIT: I see it is plugged up so cleared it and it is ok for now but I am frustrated with it now. I am really getting to know this grinder however; when the motor sounds like it is struggling, it is. It struggled to a stop finally but then I cleared it. I can visualize that now and will be listening to my grinder more closely in the future.

Thats it, this grinder is going to the spare parts bin. I just ordered a Baratza Sette 270.woohoo
Edited by Ozo on 09/12/2018 4:07 PM
Tim

"Espresso is a miracle of chemistry in a cup."
Andrea Illy

Ristretto
I had a great 1 year run with my breville grinder untill the #$^%&@ plastic gear broke. From the start, every time I used it, it sounded like it was about to implode. I blew it clean with a compressor after every 5 uses too. Grind settings for espresso started around 3 - 5, later 13.

Then I ran some decaf beans and it shattered.

Breville wants $90 to fix it and a 6 mo. warranty. No consumer parts avail!

I RAN AWAY FROM MY BREVILLE!

Ult1mat3X
A nice option for coffee making.
But personally, I'd prefer the automatic espresso machine (I'm pretty happy with Gaggia Brera) which you load with the beans and proceed to make a cup of coffee. The main downside I wish to underline is a small cup space

Jump to Forum: