Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/28/2020 11:07 AM
We continue to get shoutbox spam attacks here. Be sure never to click on any links they post. roar

10/17/2020 7:46 PM
Roasted Ethiopian Burka Guidina Estate Natural Organic from Limmu

10/07/2020 9:13 AM
Happy Mug .. Uganda Bugisu on its way.

10/05/2020 2:44 PM
yes, big thanks for getting homeroasters upgraded and cleaned up! Remember, no less than 3 wheels!

10/03/2020 9:22 AM
Thank you for all that you do!!!

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,789
Newest Member: CristiP
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Transparent Fluid Bed Design
CK
When reconfiguring the build a defect was found on the heater lid part. It still functions well to hold the RC... a high temperature PLA reprint may be made for a fix.
CK attached the following image:
pla_heat_defect.jpg
floptronica
That's a very nice rig you made. I had no idea about the high temp PLA and the gizmo to hear 1st crack better is a new idea to me. So much nicer than holding my ear next to the roast chamber.

One Idea i might contribute to your build is to roll your own heating elements. The ones that come with poppers are made with the cheapest possible material, and just don't last too long. Ive been using nichrome 80 in 20 gauge, and an element lasts over a year. Use a knitting needle to roll it. Just get one in the mm diameter of your old coil.
CK
Thanks for the tips on rolling custom coils and wire choice. That may come in handy in the future if there is need to do repairs.

The original coils are still going strong with more than 2 years roasting and testing on them... perhaps because I don't run them maxed out. (They only run at about 50-60% of their potential.)

I've simplified the FC sound feature by removing the copper piping, and putting foil directly over the 1" top opening. It's clamped in place with a band clamp over a silicone gasket, keeping the foil relatively flat and stretched tight. The function works just as well as the complicated copper pipe design.
Jump to Forum: