Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Modified SR700 300g Fluid-Bed Roaster
eltakeiteasy
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have been working on building a home roaster. I came across CK build and it blew me away. I asked him for recommendations and he recommended I start a thread to talk about the roaster I am building to get more ideas.

I decided to start with the base from my FreshRoast SR700 since I spent some time writing python scripts to get FreshRoast talking with Artisan and I was able to roast up to 200g with a larger glass chamber.

I integrated a Phidget setup and cyclone chaff collector. I am in the process of modifying the top to help ease the workflow of set up and take down.

I am currently trying to figure the best way to go from the roast chamber to the chaff collection. I tried to post a few pictures but I need to edit them to meet the site requirements so pictures coming soon. For now here is a link to my current setup. Used a hose as a temporary POC to make sure the cyclone was working correctly.

imgur.com/a/dTzxEgu

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Edited by allenb on 01/10/2019 6:46 PM

eltakeiteasy
Hey all, here is a quick update. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

eltakeiteasy
FrankenRoast vr.2 is alive! This version is a bit more streamlined with the addition of a bean loading funnel to allow for pre-heated charges:

eltakeiteasy
Here's the latest updates:

eltakeiteasy
Full PID working!

JitterzZ

eltakeiteasy wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have been working on building a home roaster. I came across CK build and it blew me away. I asked him for recommendations and he recommended I start a thread to talk about the roaster I am building to get more ideas.

I decided to start with the base from my FreshRoast SR700 since I spent some time writing python scripts to get FreshRoast talking with Artisan and I was able to roast up to 200g with a larger glass chamber.

I integrated a Phidget setup and cyclone chaff collector. I am in the process of modifying the top to help ease the workflow of set up and take down.

I am currently trying to figure the best way to go from the roast chamber to the chaff collection. I tried to post a few pictures but I need to edit them to meet the site requirements so pictures coming soon. For now here is a link to my current setup. Used a hose as a temporary POC to make sure the cyclone was working correctly.

imgur.com/a/dTzxEgu

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

WOW! Did you sell your larger glass chamber idea to Fresh Roast? They have a "coming soon glass extension tube" that looks an awful lot like yours! https://homeroast...amp;page=2
Great job, by the wayThumbsUp
JitterzZ attached the following images:
srext3.png srext2.png srext1_1.png

Edited by JitterzZ on 04/30/2019 3:02 PM

Gullygossner
Was 300g a comfortable bean load or was 240-250g more of the sweet spot? What glass did you use to extend your chamber? At the cost of the one glass a diy route may not be warranted but availability in countries outside of the US seems to be an issue with some components so it'd be interesting to hear how you want achieved the larger chamber.

Jump to Forum: