Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

renatoa
04/10/2024 1:09 AM
welcome cup, Ed K

allenb
04/09/2024 5:34 PM
TheJak99 Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,205
Newest Member: TheOtherJim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Inner drum problem
kwrcst
So I am building the inner drum and keep failing. My issue is trying to get the rod centered in the drum. I have a hole drilled dead center in the bottom of the drum ? this will actually be the back? and the rod is held in place by a mounting flange. I?m trying to install the inner support to keep the thin metal of the drum from bending and causing it to wobble. My issue is, I can?t get the center rod to attach level. I know it?s my error doing it but I wondered if anyone had suggestions on how to do this in an easy fashion? I tried to make a brace the spans the 10? inside diameter and then tack weld the rod to it but my measurements or off or something. Any advise on how to do this or maybe another method for mounting would be great.

Thanks

allenb
Find a shaft collar with an ID matching your shaft. Drill and tap three holes equidistantly from each other through the outer face (radially). Cut three threaded rods a little longer than the distance from the bottom of the tapped holes out through the drum wall. Install through the drum wall with a nut on each side of it and include a lock washer on one of the nuts. Adjust the nuts to center the shaft within the drum.
allenb attached the following image:
images_4.jpg

1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: