Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/03/2020 6:23 AM
how to learn about graphics in the artisan app

12/03/2020 6:20 AM
limb

12/01/2020 6:52 PM
We did not have any turkey so we had chicken. But, we did have a good time.

11/26/2020 6:37 AM
Everyone have a super Thanksgiving and may all your roasts turn out stellar woohoo

11/25/2020 4:20 PM
Howdy 1st CH and welcome to HR forum! Be sure to read in the forums to see if anything covers the topic and please post away in drum roaster forums Welcome

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,846
Newest Member: sitarragul
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roasting station
Alaroast
Here's a picture of my current setup. I'm using a SC/TO with chaff ejector for roasting, a 5-gallon bucket with dog dish with drilled holes mounted in lid for bean cooler. At the base of the bucket, I cut a hole for shop vac hose and pull air through beans with vacuum. All this is set up on a vent hood I found on CL for about $25. All in all way less than $100. Looking to build a KKTO roaster soon.
Alaroast attached the following image:
roaster_26.jpg
jqaman
Nice...
renatoa
Nice to see another TO fellow with a good looking and effective setup.
mtbizzle

DonaldMcDonald wrote:

Download head soccer game on your PC now!

What is with the spam, man??

Alaroast, I'm very much a beginner, but am inclined to think the stainless dog bowl with holes drilled in bottom is a great solution for the shopvac coolers. So many of the other 'cooling chambers' seem to have lots of holes that you have to work around, potentially letting so much of the air pass around the beans.

What are you using for the separator / chaff ejector? I have heard of people using 11" springform with a notch cut out for chaff, but this doesn't look like that. Also is that the Flavorwave turbo oven? That seems to be one of the more common ones on the market these days, vs older models used for SCTO years ago. Did you do one of those mods to the stir crazy drive shaft? Last but not least, how's it work for you?
Edited by mtbizzle on 05/22/2020 12:16 PM
Roast: Nostalgia popper
Grind: Bunn G3, Comandante c40
Brew: aeropress, v60, la pavoni professional & flair espresso, Hoffmann french press, 'Scott Rao' water
Ask me about Tea!
JackH

mtbizzle wrote:

DonaldMcDonald wrote:

Download head soccer game on your PC now!

What is with the spam, man??

He is gone, banned. There were several today, All gone now.
Edited by JackH on 05/22/2020 3:34 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
Mbb

Alaroast, I'm very much a beginner, but am inclined to think the stainless dog bowl with holes drilled in bottom is a great solution for the shopvac coolers. So many of the other 'cooling chambers' seem to have lots of holes that you have to work around, potentially letting so much of the air pass around the beans.

it's much easier to punch holes with a hammer, nail , and a block of wood than it is to drill them.

Just might want to clean up the sharp edges on the back side with a grinder. And the stainless mixing bowls sold at Walmart works good as well.
mtbizzle

it's much easier to punch holes with a hammer, nail , and a block of wood than it is to drill them.

Just might want to clean up the sharp edges on the back side with a grinder. And the stainless mixing bowls sold at Walmart works good as well.

Those are both great tips, I might use both! My walmart is next door to home depot, home of the famous home depot bucket, the second part to everyone's cooler design... Did you pair a salad bowl w/ the home depot bucket?
Roast: Nostalgia popper
Grind: Bunn G3, Comandante c40
Brew: aeropress, v60, la pavoni professional & flair espresso, Hoffmann french press, 'Scott Rao' water
Ask me about Tea!
Noboundries
Great looking station Alaroast! And all for less than $100 how amazing! Congrats.
Roaster: Artisan 6M in red, Nesco CR-04-13, Poppery II

Grinder: 1Zpresso JX-Pro, Grindmaster 835s

Brew Methods: Aeropress, Chemex, V60, French press, ramekins ;)
Jump to Forum: