Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/03/2020 6:23 AM
how to learn about graphics in the artisan app

12/03/2020 6:20 AM
limb

12/01/2020 6:52 PM
We did not have any turkey so we had chicken. But, we did have a good time.

11/26/2020 6:37 AM
Everyone have a super Thanksgiving and may all your roasts turn out stellar woohoo

11/25/2020 4:20 PM
Howdy 1st CH and welcome to HR forum! Be sure to read in the forums to see if anything covers the topic and please post away in drum roaster forums Welcome

Users Online
Guests Online: 9

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,846
Newest Member: sitarragul
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New Roaster
jqaman
I've had my original Behmor for a long time. I still use the original basket and original chaff catcher. It's about time to retire it however, but it still roasts fine. I roast a pound or 2 every week for years, many years.

I was wondering if the community knew of any solid reliable electric roasters under $3000 that roasts over a pound and uses artisan. Artisan will be my new adventure. Service is important, but I would prefer one so reliable that it never needs service. My behmor has never failed in all the time I have had it. i take it apart and clean it once every few years, clean the chamber out almost every time, do an empty roast at least every 5 roasts and am not in the coffee business - I do it for my (and wife) own pleasure. I see the Jake Kilo is coming out at the end of this year, but i want to weigh my options and get the best. Thanks for your input...jq
jscott14
My hunch is that with your requirements (electric, >1 lb, Artisan compatibility), your options are going to be pretty limited. Based on those three things, the Bullet R1 would check all three of those boxes. I don't have the Bullet, but people who have it generally have very good things to say about it. Now, finding one for sale could be another issue entirely. :)
renatoa
I would take the Artisan adventure with a great stone of salt, at the end is not that exciting as you could believe...
Definitely today I would not use this criteria as a roaster buying decision.
Maybe you should clarify what is so important for you about using Artisan, then I will add more input.
Maybe we need to clarify a point for the start... today any machine can be made Artisan compatible, the fact that Artisan already "knows" it, and appear listed in the machines menu, worth a lot less than the manufacturers charge you for this (non)feature.

Second criteria I feel the need to demolish is the electric power.
Is time to read a bit... and "Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the "...Gas Grin
If you do this, then you could be interested about the Cormorant roaster from UK, 600 grams, 2000 GBP.
Jump to Forum: