Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

renatoa
04/10/2024 1:09 AM
welcome cup, Ed K

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,208
Newest Member: branchu

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where to buy the coffee ?
Fegarcoffee
Hi guys and friends...

Where do you usually buy green coffee or what places or websites do you recommend?

I'm new and I would like to know your opinions

Thanks

Coffeeed

Fegarcoffee wrote:

Hi guys and friends...

Where do you usually buy green coffee or what places or websites do you recommend?

I'm new and I would like to know your opinions

Thanks

I get mine from SweetMarias.com

Coffee Bean Corral - excellent coffees and fabulous service. Try the El Salvadors and Nicaraguans... also Peru... I won't buy from any other place.
It's bad luck to be superstitious

jkoll42
I've used sweetmarias for a very long time and they are great

It would be good to let us know what country you are in so you get useful responses!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Fegarcoffee
What about colombian coffees?

Fegarcoffee
I got 2 other questions

How many ounces of green coffee do you usually buy? and What do you think about Colombian Coffee for home roasting?

Thanks

jkoll42
I usually order 20-30 pounds but that number will vary for everyone depending on how much you drink.

As for Colombian it really depends on what you like to drink, what's in season, if that particular bean has tasting notes that match what you like to drink etc.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Coffeeed

Fegarcoffee wrote:

I got 2 other questions

How many ounces of green coffee do you usually buy? and What do you think about Colombian Coffee for home roasting?

Thanks

Green coffee will keep for months without degrading. Figure out how much coffee you go through per week and order about 20% to 25% more than that (coffee loses weight when roasted due to moisture loss). I usually order about a 2 to 3 months supply at a time -- and keep an eye on any especially good coffee that comes in (Sweetmaria's has an email newsletter announcing new arrivals) that might sell out quickly.

Currently, their selection of Colombian coffees is limited -- but that would indicate that there is a limited supply of high quality beans available. They won't carry subpar lots of beans. But they have a healthy selection of other South and Central American coffees (and coffees from everywhere else, too).

neilharlan

I get mine from SweetMarias.com

Same. Im a big fan of their coffees - also their slightly larger counterpart Coffee Shrub is great when youre buying more than a few pounds at a time.

Fegarcoffee
Thanks for your feedback

kewlbeanz
Another good option for buying greens is Showroom Coffee. They've got a lot of great options from around the world and you can buy in quantities of 2 lbs, 10 lbs, 33 lbs, 66 lbs or full bag. They also sell roasters and cupping supplies.

www.showroomcoffee.com

Jump to Forum: