Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

renatoa
04/10/2024 1:09 AM
welcome cup, Ed K

allenb
04/09/2024 5:34 PM
TheJak99 Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,205
Newest Member: TheOtherJim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Noob here
SidequestRoaster
Hello roasters!

I've just discovered this forum and super excited to rummage through some old topics and maybe bring new ones to the table.
However, I just started roasting a few months ago and I'm afraid to say my enthusiasm is far greater than my knowledge.
Knowing that coffee with always be in my life, I've invested (reasonably) into an Artisan 3-e from Coffee Crafters.

Maybe as a beginner roaster I should have started smaller. No regrets, here.

My current favorite bean to brown is Indian Monsooned Malabar. Nothing special. It's just a weird coffee that I probably wouldn't have tasted if I didn't begin roasting. The doors opened by coffee always surprise me.

I've been a barista for 8 years, in small business owned coffee shops. Favorite coffee drinks include: Cortado, cuban coffee, turkish coffee, and cold brew.
Short and strong, like myself.

Cheers everyone, to a continued pursuit in coffee enthusiasm!

louca

SidequestRoaster wrote:My current favorite bean to brown is Indian Monsooned Malabar. Nothing special. It's just a weird coffee that I probably wouldn't have tasted if I didn't begin roasting. The doors opened by coffee always surprise me.

Cool, welcome Sidequest!

That is definitely the kind of attitude to have. I am also new to roasting with a whopping 7 roasts so far. I use a Behmor (2000 AB+) which is not in the league of your Artisan, but it's all fun no matter what equipment is used.

But we are all in the same league of people who actually, really, truly enjoy coffee. When I hear some people say, "I don't care much for coffee," I can't help but wonder what coffee they have tried that they don't care much for. I am quite sure it was not a recently roasted, made from good water, well brewed cup!

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Lou
����������
Aillio R1 V2 Bullet, Behmor 2000AB+, Fellow Ode grinder, Escali L-600 scale, V60-02.
"I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here."

allenb
Welcome Sidequest! Glad to have you on board. Post often, do lots of digging through our information rich mine field and above all else, have fun!
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

SidequestRoaster
Thanks to both of you :)

Lou,
I'm on a constant personal mission to make everyone care for coffee, haha. It has to be because they haven't fallen the way we had! Yet!

From roast #1 to #100 to #10,000 (phew can you imagine?!) we'll still have that same outlook on coffee, I think :)

JoanPiper
Welcome aboard!!
Edited by JoanPiper on 03/26/2021 12:25 PM

OldMan41
SidequestRoaster: (speaking in foreign tongue) If you can snatch the bean from my hand. You can roast!
If you can master the bean & catch it with chopsticks. You can leave the Temple of the Bean!
You also get 2 cool tattoo's of your choice! tiki

Jump to Forum: