Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
We are looking...
ginny
for that unique image to be on a hat and t-shirt. why? well we want to help support the cost of being here and want to support our ever creative members.

the plan is to have a new image for the forum each year for HR t-shirts and/or hats.

remember that t-shirts and hats make great gifts to all of our coffee roasting and drinking friends...

the idea is to have all designs sent to: thegster@gmail.com

after all entries are in, all designs will be put up for members to vote on.

is there any interest out there?

let me know,

ginny
Edited by ginny on 09/15/2013 7:45 AM

Kaffee Bitte
That sounds like a cool idea ginny! I'll be on board for that. Though my picture taking skills are pretty limited.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

ginny
perfect is not necessary, just the idea and we can go from there.

thanks for you support in this, we be off to a great start.

ginny

:@:@ cuz my dogs just got out, bye.........

Coffeenut
Great idea Ginny. I tell ya, my all-time favorite coffee T-shirt was the one that Sweet Marias first created. You may remember it...the one that had a image of that old-world roaster and said "brave the smoke". I wore that thing until it was hole'ier than the Pope. My wife said it was trash material and said it had to go, but truth be known it's still "alive"!!

Anyway, I'd love to have a T-shirt along the lines of that one. One that speaks to being a home-roaster and is OK to be worn in public. I have to admit that some people didn't know how to react to the "Sweet Marias" logo on my old T-shirt, but I wore it anyway.

I'll be thinkin', but would initially suggest some sort of roaster image or something that would speak to what we do as roasters. That could just be a clever graphic too.

Rick

EddieDove
Maybe it could read ... "There's no roast like home ..."

I love this idea! s:2
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

John Despres
Oh, yeah! I'm all over that! Can we submit our suggestiion as artwork in a jpeg format?

I like the idea of "brave the smoke". I was involved with exhibition pyrotechnics - indoor and outdoor fireworks - many years ago and a very common saying was "smell the smoke".

I'm thinking of something in the neighborhood of "From green to roast in 7 - 14 flat" or something to that effect...
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ginny
John my lad:

you may send as many ideas as you like in any format you want. Thanks for jumping in!!

gin

s:8s:8s:8
this is fun!!

seedlings
What about the little "Calvin" kid doing his business on a *$ sign?

Would that be bad*?

CHAD

*by "bad" of course I mean to say "overdone" or "cliche"... not inappropriate...
B)B)B)
Edited by seedlings on 02/14/2008 11:58 AM
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

seedlings
Logo?

CHAD
seedlings attached the following image:
HRO[777].jpg

Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

ginny
we be rockin" g

s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8

Coffeenut
I'm working on something that I think will be of interest. Bring on the contest because I think you'll get some good entries.

Rick

DavidG
I'm delighted by the interest in some cool HRO threads (the kind you wear)! I'm in for purchasing the final product -- I'm just not too graphically creative.

BTW, I am DYING to find who sells that old CHARBUCKS logo T-shirt (the mermaid with the propane torch and welding mask... ). Makes me chuckle every time I think about it. A GREAT homeroater commentary T-shirt.

I know my request is a touch off topic, so feel free to email me if you know where I can buy one of these....

David

Clifford
GREAT FANTASTIC I can't think of a better way to keep my enthusiasm up after the auction and help pay the cost of this wonderful website. I have begun rummaging around the house looking for where I left my thinking cap since the last time I used it. WE'RE GOING TO HAVE MORE FUN THAN HUMAN BEINGS SHOULD BE ALLOWED Hurray, Hurray And keep our ship afloat too Grin :Clap:
Edited by Clifford on 06/18/2009 1:43 AM
May the Force be with your cup

jlyon10
If brave the smoke isn't copyrighted, I like it. My wife is an artist, I'll see what she can come up with.
Jim Lyon
Jim's Coffee Beans

ginny
Cliff, Jim:

thanks so much. we really want to define ourselves this year with a logo and perhaps some other fun stuff we can use on t's, hats etc....

thanks for taking time and interest.

love ya,

ginny

Clifford
I'm working on ideas now and will keep you abread as my thoughts come together

ginny
Coffeenut, Cliff and JMim:

we now have
bravethesmoke.org
to add to our site so looks like we may start some very cool stuff.

thanks.

ginny

:BigHug:

Marshall_S
Here's my contribution.

It's an image my wife made in photoshop blending two images - a silhouette and some coffee I had just roasted-
Marshall_S attached the following image:
coffed.jpg

Edited by Marshall_S on 06/19/2009 1:03 PM
Marshall Schmidt
Foxboro, MA

Koffee Kosmo
I just put this together

KK
Koffee Kosmo attached the following image:
coffeebeancloseup6beans1_halftone_text.jpg

I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

Koffee Kosmo
This one is from my "Pop Art Phase"

KK
Koffee Kosmo attached the following image:
pop_art_large.jpg

Edited by Koffee Kosmo on 06/21/2009 12:43 AM
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

Ray T
My new avatar is going in the roaster tonight. Brave the smoke ??? ThumbsUp Ray
Edited by Ray T on 06/22/2009 10:21 AM

wolflady
I'm not into creating logos myself but I sure do look forward to seeing the entries and the final producct. I want a hat. Maybe there could be a patch that could be sewn on whatever???
Good deal.
audra

ginny
thanks all of you who have posted, let me get ready and try to make this an official contest!!

a patch is cool too...

this is going to be fun!!

thanks, keep posting ideas/entries!!

ShockGrin

ginny

Clifford
Thanks Ginny. I am putting together a multipurpose design and slogan and am only trouble figuring out how to get the artwork together
Edited by Clifford on 06/22/2009 12:52 PM

John Despres
These graphics all look very cool! Let's see some more!

How about more entries - don't sweat your graphic arts skills, use a crayon, or some fruit scented markers. C'mon!

Wish I had time...

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

Jump to Forum: