Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,626
Newest Member: RoyB

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Behmor Profiles
hebrews
Whilst still getting my feet wet in the roasting jungle, has anyone created any roasting profiles for the Behmor? I've been thrilled with Mr. Dove's profiles for the Gene. I've had some of the most tremendous cups of coffee ever in the last 4 days thanks to Eddie's tireless research on the Gene and Ginny's sale of her gently used Gene for my first of many roasts. The Sumatra is WONDERFUL, and I roasted some Costa Rican only a few hours ago that I cannot wait to taste in the morning.
H)

ginny
Tom:

I will send you the profiles I have for the Behmor. Most from friends who have the machine, not all
my roasts.

love ya,

g

s:8s:8s:8
cuz I need toooooooo

seedlings
When the roasting bug bites, it's an escelating disease!

Whenever you need some breadmaker and torch profiles, give me a holler!
GrinGrinGrin

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

hebrews
I own a breadmaker and a torch, but I doubt the wife would be keen on repurpsoing either item quite yet. She still is growing accustomed to my daily disappearing act of descending into the basement coffee lab.
Edited by hebrews on 11/04/2008 8:42 AM

EddieDove
"Doggonit!, Honey! The bread machine is broken! I'm going to take it downstairs and see if I can fix it! Have you seen my torch?!?!"

Thank you for the kind remarks! How did the Costa Rica turn out?
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

hebrews
The Costa Rican was great and I am enjoying a Kenya AA this morning... also excellent. My wife conntinues to question the odd things I continue to take to the basement...box fan, extra screen from the patio door project, oven mitt, stand mixer...

seedlings

hebrews wrote:
The Costa Rican was great and I am enjoying a Kenya AA this morning... also excellent. My wife conntinues to question the odd things I continue to take to the basement...box fan, extra screen from the patio door project, oven mitt, stand mixer...

...coat hangers, camera tripod, Longaberger mason jars, cookie sheet...

She (you) has (have) a mixer? Lucky.

CHAD

If you know what Longaberger is... I feel for you.
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

hebrews
I picked it up off craigs list for 10 bucks. It's an old Sunbeam Stand Mixer. She wouldn't let me use the Kitchen Aid.

hebrews
... oh and we're only a few miles away from the Longaberger factory (shaped like a huge basket). Though, thus far, she hasn't had an interest in making the pilgrimage out there.

coffee4mark
I'm a new Behmor owner and roaster...

I'd love to see any profiles with particular coffees you roasted. I'm still getting my feet wet.

Where should I list my email addy IF you are willing to send them to me?

So many coffees and not enough money :@

Thanks!
Mark

John Despres
Your email address is listed on your member profile page. I just checked by clicking your member name to the left of your last post. You can also send a private message through this site at the member profile page as well. The recipient will get an e-mail notice notifying them they have a private message here.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

BoldJava
Welcome Mark. You may provide your email in your profile (click on 'coffee4mark,' upper left of your post to see if you have it displayed. If it is not there, you may edit your profile so that others may see it:

Upper right corner of page>edit profile>email address>update profile (at bottom of page).

John indicates he sees your email on your profile. At 9pm, I don't see it.

B|Java
Edited by BoldJava on 03/28/2009 9:15 PM
http://sidewalkmy...
Dave Borton
Milwaukee, WI

John Despres
Good catch, B|J, it must be admin/member differences... I learned something this morning.

Or the private message works pretty good as well. Have a great day!

John
Edited by John Despres on 03/29/2009 7:42 AM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

BoldJava
Mark,

Though I no longer have my Behmor, this is the approach I used to take:

P1 - always started with this with a high grown bean. "Learned" the bean.
P2 - Tended to gravitate toward this for high growns and some Indonesians/PNGs. Careful, 1st crack can blur right into 2nd crack.
P3 - Brazilians and some Indos, depending upon growing elevation.
P5 - Konas, Puerto Ricans, Dom Republic beans

P4 - Never found a use for it.

I was never able to roast 1 lb successfully. I buy 5#s at a time so I use 13.3 ounces, so that I had 6 equal roasts. I kept relatively good notes to ensure that I could 'tweak' the subsequent roasts more lightly, deeply depending on cupping results.

Enjoy. B|Java
http://sidewalkmy...
Dave Borton
Milwaukee, WI

Jump to Forum: