Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

renatoa
04/10/2024 1:09 AM
welcome cup, Ed K

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,208
Newest Member: branchu

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ethiopian Koratie(DP)
smatty1
I have affectionately dubbed this coffee "Blueberry Cobbler"!
This may be the best coffe I've ever had in my life! Although, I'm a huge fan of Yemen's too....but this one really stood out for me. I roasted the WP sister of it and there was no comparisson. Anyone else in love with this coffee?

qajariaq
YES! c:1

I went through 5 lbs of it a while back, absolutely delicious stuff. It had the most pronounced berry/blueberry flavor I've ever experienced in a cup of coffee. I'm kicking myself for not buying more... Probably will be my next greens purchase if its still available when that time comes.

John Despres
I love this one as well. I didn't buy much and sold about half and then pulled it off the sale list to remain in my personal reserve.

YUM!!
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

seedlings
All I can say is I'm a black belt in watching Koratie and Kung-Fu movies.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Clifford
Does this coffee have more Blueberry taste than Chad's? i winder if anyone has tried both.
May the Force be with your cup

John Despres
Hi, Clifford.

Depends on the roast, of course. At the moment, I'm looking for the huge blueberry explosion in the Ethiopia Sidamo. I've gotten blueberry, but it wasn't huge. For me, to date, the Koratie is bigger, but I've had it longer and more time to play with it. So far I've only roasted the Sidamo twice.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

smatty1
As far as I know there is no more of this to be had. The wet process version of it did nothing for me. Anyone know a source that has any of this?

qajariaq
I've roasted both, although I went through the Koratie a while back so my recollection may not be completely accurate as I can't taste them side by side. I think the Sidamo has/can have more intense blueberry than the Koratie. What I remember about the Koratie was that it wasn't always distinctly blueberry, sometimes it presented as other berry flavors like blackberry or maybe cranberry (i.e. sometimes more semi-sweet and tart).
Edited by qajariaq on 02/19/2009 9:11 AM

Clifford
I just checked on the internet and Zephyr has some on their available list.. maybe we can convince Chad to organize the sale of a bag so we can taste them side by side. I want to continue dancing around Blueberry Hill to the accompaniment of Fats I get my thrill on Blueberry Hill Grin
Edited by Clifford on 02/19/2009 11:01 AM
May the Force be with your cup

seedlings
Is Koratie and Kochere the same?

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

cfsheridan

seedlings wrote:
Is Koratie and Kochere the same?

CHAD

No.

smatty1
Is this gonna return this year? Anyone? Anyone? Who's in the know?!:)

Jump to Forum: