Posts: 850 Location: Milwaukee, WI Joined: November 09, 2008
Been in discussion with a woman farmer from the Big Island. Here is a typica from this year:
Cuppers: - Bill, Denise, B|Java
Process: - WP
Sample Provided by: - B|Java
Vendor: - Rusty's Farm
Elevation: - 2200'
Roaster: - B|Java
Days Rest? - 5
Method: - Gene Cafe
Level: City Plus
Any Roaster Observations/Comments: Very uniform roast
Prepared in press pot: 12 oz water, 23 g coffee: 3:45 m steep (can't imagine what nuances will come dancing out in a vacpot)
1. Dry fragrance/wet aroma ? Dry fragrance: grind fills the first floor of the house. Light caramel. Wet aroma: Sweet, rich orchid. Deep-hibiscus
2. Brightness/acidity ? Just right for the floral cup, holds the bouquet up
3. Flavor/depth ? Jasmine, floral bouqet, tea-like tastes from florals
4. Body/mouthfeel ? ?This is the most delicate cup I have ever had.? Gentle cup; light body. Some effervescence/carbonation feel ? pleasant tingle.
5. Finish/aftertaste ? Became just a tad drier as the cup concluded, moving to a cumquat or Cutie Clementine hint as we bid it farewell.
Overall, this is a floral salad, picking up hints of citrus along the way. Skosh of cream? ? softened the cup even further. Yummm...