allenb
05/12/2022 7:47 PM
CafficitoeTim and pmf2000 Welcome! Welcome

renatoa
05/11/2022 6:09 AM
Welcome, sophiawalker and Epiccoffee

renatoa
05/10/2022 1:46 AM
Chocolate Homunculus, dcbrown1 and Judderz, welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 7

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,575
Newest Member: lsawade

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
inexpensive food-safe wire mesh?
jimcro55
http://www.bwire....
They have a ton of food safe wire mesh and wire cloth in stock.

They carry a lot in inventory, have 2 warehouses full of material ready to move.

Price is reasonable and service and shipping is fast and easy with these guys, just an FYI for those out there looking for a source.

-Roastmaster
Edited by JETROASTER on 10/14/2011 9:35 AM

wsikes
You said:
"Beneath the false bottom, is a nice place to insert a probe for the incoming hot air temperature, only."

I thought the whole idea of inserting a thermometer into the roasting chamber was to measure the temp of the bean mass, not the incoming air... unless you are using two thermometers.

Unta

wsikes wrote:
You said:
"Beneath the false bottom, is a nice place to insert a probe for the incoming hot air temperature, only."

I thought the whole idea of inserting a thermometer into the roasting chamber was to measure the temp of the bean mass, not the incoming air... unless you are using two thermometers.

Your right, first get the bean temp, then worry about incoming air temp. I roast using a differential temp which is the difference between the bean temp and the incoming air temp. For instance in my machine a 195 degree differential gives me a 15 degree rate of rise after the drying phase.
As you get more into your popper or other device, you'll probably find your self with two probes.
I started with an un modded popper, with a small candy thermometer measuring BT. Some of the best 6 minute coffee ever.

Best!
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

Jump to Forum: