Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Pod Casting
ginny
Hi all:

Is anyone out there in roaster land up for some Pod Casting?

We all get together at times with other roasters, have conversations about our roasting, how, what and why; we have small gatherings with local roaster groups (HUGS).

Perhaps one, two or three of us could get together for a cast...

At any rate I would like your thoughts and ideas for some pod casting.

ginny

B)B)GrinGrin
garybt3
Ginny,
I've been downloading the PodCasts from CoffeeGeek, and even tho I am not an I Pod owner, I download it to my computer via Itunes and then copy it to my little 32 mb Rio, and listen to it.
I'd enjoy a Ginny hosted *homeroaster* Podcast!
I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to produce a podcast, I'm sure that I could learn how to do it, but I'm putting alot of time and energy into my new job, and much of my free time is going into home improvements and a new garden. And I still need to finish my grill roaster!
s:6
Time flies, when you are having fun!
So, at least your efforts will at least be listened toGrin
Gary
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx

Check out: http://garybt3.go...s.com/home
ginny
Gary:

Thanks for the kind words. I am thinking about doing a bi-weekly pod cast. Are there any particular subjects you would bbe interested in? I listened to CGeeks yesterday, hence my thoughts of doing some here.

Congrats on the new job and make sure we get a couple of pics of your new garden. You can post them in the OT section.

My grandfather and Groucho were horse race buddies. Why a great guy he was...really nice man.

ginny

B)B)GrinGrin thinking of what to pod cast!
garybt3
Ginny,
How about different roasting methods...
'This is how I do my roasting.'
Maybe get some expert advice from different people.(Walk thru a roasting session) Video?
Change up the method of roasting on every PC.
Roasting with an RK drum setup.
Roasting with a Hottop.
Poppery 1
Iroast etc....

Maybe Talk about * What's in your roaster this week??? *
Favorite Beans/ Blends...How to get the most out of each variety.
How to find your own personal sweet spot on any given variety.
How to make decent drip coffee on the road...
Where are all those great independent cafe's located at ???
What do you brew your coffee with?

That should give you some material for a few Podcasts !!!

Yeah, I managed to deplete most of my stash bunker...I had 160 #'s last summer to 30#'s in Feb 06. I just broke down and ordered:
Ethiopia Harar Horse Lot 30 -10 lbs El Salvador Finca El Carmen -5 lbs
Java Government Estate - Djampit -5 lbs
My new plan is to ONLY buy 15 #'S a month. More or less I roast 2 to 3 #'s a week. 3 X 4 is 12 #'s a month. That's the plan. As you can tell, I already strayed from it..... Shock
Edited by garybt3 on 03/26/2006 11:07 AM
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx

garybt3
Ginny...
When are you planning to podcast?
What would YOU like to cast about?:)
Maybe you could link relative PC's to the articles already started here?

I'm sure that you have some great ideas on where to take this idea and develop it into something better than the stuff that's already out there on the 'net. s:4

Gary...who's on his way out to the garage to fix another car... Yay!:|

pollywog
Perhaps it could be interviews with coffee vendors, growers etc about the current crop(s) and what they're expecting with the next harvest. Even from my limited perspective there are obviously people who are pioneers in re-introducing the art of personal coffee roasting, hearing from some of them would be nice. The neat thing about podcasting is the personal connection (it's much easier to relate to a voice than an e-mail). Also some people who might have some important things to say may not be the type that feel comfortable with writing in forums and blogs etc.:)
ginny
pollywog:

thanks for the input and I agree with asking "the older generation" of homeroasters tons of questions.

We agree as well that a podcast is a great way for a new member or post shy member to communicate.

Thanks for your thoughts,

ginny

alwaysB)Grins:8
FredtheWhale
Ginny,

If you're set for video podcasting, I'd really like to see some roasts in action. If you have a mobile home - there's show right there. You and willard scott - what a team!

I'm a HG/DB (or more intuitive roaster) and I'd really love some visual discussion or examples that talk about when to push or speek up a roast vs when to back off.
Jump to Forum: