Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover
Unta
I have everyone..
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.
allenb
John and Randy's arrived today so all accounted for.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
John Despres
I have everyone. CHAD's coffee arrived today.

Cupping Sunday. Tomorrow's the first day open of my new gallery then a surprise birthday party to attend. Cupping Sunday.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
Unta
good luck with the opening John! sounds great.. post some pics, I know I'd love to see it.
I think Sunday will be my cupping day also.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.
allenb

allenb wrote:

Unta wrote:
sidamo guji..1/2 lb

give it a run or two..
sean

Have you established a roast level with the Sidamo that makes it shine. I don't want to screw it up on a test roast.

Thanks Sean!

I couldn't wait and roasted a 1/4lb batch of your Sidamo yesterday using my standard profile in my air roaster. This is probably one of the best roasts I've had in the last 6 months! Made for a perfect Saturday morning cup!

Thanks for thinking about us and I hope this coffee is available in the future.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Unta
still available allen...
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.
John Despres

Unta wrote:
good luck with the opening John! sounds great.. post some pics, I know I'd love to see it.
I think Sunday will be my cupping day also.
Sean

If you're on Facebook, you can check it out there. Gallery 460. Pictures coming there soon. Thanks for the interest!

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
ginny
John:

I am thrilled for your gallery!! Whoo Hooo, very cool.

will this be only you or have you other art as well?

I am jealous!!

got your beans today so I will cup tomorrow.

ginnyGrin
John Despres

ginny wrote:
John:

I am thrilled for your gallery!! Whoo Hooo, very cool.

will this be only you or have you other art as well?

I am jealous!!

got your beans today so I will cup tomorrow.

ginnyGrin

Thanks, Ginny!

I'll have a couple other folk with me as well. All three dimensional works. I'm staying away from flat art for the most part as I want a clean wall to show my mobiles against.

This was a long time coming. I've been cleaning out my studio and turning it into a gallery once a year and then reversing it after three days and putting all my works in storage where they couldn't be seen. Now they're out all the time. In addition, I will be the featured artist in the Grand Rapids On The Town magazine. Maybe my time has come.. It takes ten years to become an overnight success.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
JETROASTER
Congrats John, I'll be checking it out! Nice packing on the beans. Did they rest before getting sealed, or right from the roaster? -Scott
John Despres

freshbeans wrote:
Congrats John, I'll be checking it out! Nice packing on the beans. Did they rest before getting sealed, or right from the roaster? -Scott

Ten minutes out of the roaster and into the vac-seal bag and half hour later in the mail... I was running out of time. Did the bag puff up much?

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
JETROASTER
Not at all! I'll check in the AM to see if they start degassing.
They look nice!! -Scott
Unta
didn't puff up at all.. strange about these..none of my sealed containers puffed up either...
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.
John Despres
Yeah, looking at my sealed pack as well... Still as tight as a drum. Odd.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
rama
Break a leg at your grand opening today, John!

I just did the taste-off, finally getting to properly use the cupping spoon I was gifted a while ago. It started out harder than I anticipated, but things became clearer/reproducible as the cups cooled. Looking forward to sharing the results when everyone else finishes.
ginny
John:

how can we get a copy of the mag?

ginny
ginny
Hi all:

got John's today. Opened all and have put each sample into a 1/2 pint mason jar to let them breathe for a day at minimum. I must say there are two samples that smell like I would want my bean to smell like!!

Scott and John's sample have a blueberry back someplace. YUMMY...

ginny

I plan to smaple all tomorrow.
John Despres

ginny wrote:
John:

how can we get a copy of the mag?

ginny

Once December rolls around and if I remember, or you do, I'll send a copy to you. You should have a copy, being an owner of one of my sculptures.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
John Despres
Randy, Thanks for the cupping form. It will save me a bunch of time finding what was discussed and gets us all on the same page.

Nicely done!

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Jump to Forum: