Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,664
Newest Member: vincent33

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Heat Gun...Max Capability?
JETROASTER
I can't measure directly today, the machine is in transit.
Here's a pic shown previously. It shows the original strainer .......next to a trimmed down one that has been installed. The drain opening would be somewhere about 1.5"

I would check a restaurant supply for the shaker. Given their size and lack of decoration ....it seems like a foodservice thing.
Good luck. -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
perf_size.jpg

JETROASTER
Steampunk? Well, not really. With no Victorian elements whatsoever...that's a stretch.
So, I'm stickin' with 'Neo-Steampunk'

Here's a decent shot from mid 2011.

Next step for this thing is a matching cyclonic separator.
-Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
mh-1warehouse.jpg

JETROASTER
So, I'm looking to convert this thing to propane, and I'm weighing 2 differant possibilities for fuel delivery.
One is the small propane bottle(Thanks Dan) and regulator that come with a table-top grill. It has the potential to deliver 12,000 btu. (I would also be using the fuel tip)

The other option would be a basic hand held blow torch....cannabilized as needed.

However, I am unclear as to whether or not those things have a regulator ....or is it just bottle-pressure?

Additionally , I saw no BTU ratings. My gut tells me some would be hot enough for the job, but some insight would be helpful. Thanks -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following images:
bernzo_basic.jpg tbletp_w_reg.jpg

Alec Logan

JETROASTER wrote:

New element has arrived, it is larger. How snug can i fit it inside a steel pipe? (1 1/2" ) Is there a risk of arcing?
-Scott

Hey Scott!
I'm new to the forum and I am in the process of planning and getting parts to build a similar fluid bed. I just received what I believe to be the same element you used here (master 30312) and I have the same issue, it's bigger than I expected and doesn't fit my current design. I'd love to know how you reaolved this. Did you use a larger pipe or reconfigure the structure of the element? Ive learned a ton from your posts here as well as your other comments throughout the forum so thanks for all the good info!

Alec
Can't afford it? Just build it

Jump to Forum: