Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community » HOMEROASTER USER GROUPS (HUGS) » South HUGS
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Anyone in or Near SC?
stoneguard
Ok, anyone near SC? I am in Columbia, so am about 2 hours from everywhere( well, everywhere within two hours, anyway). I would love to meet up with someone and just look at some of the ideas and roasting techniques others are using. Charlotte and Atlanta are both within reach and I tend to travel to NC on weekends, like I will be in Asheville at the end of the month. My other hobby (I am a historical fencer) keeps me traveling sometimes.
smatty1
I'm in Atlanta, but never seem to be able to make one of the groups when it comes around. If you wanna spearhead one, I'd definitely be interested in coming:)
stoneguard
Awesome! I may just do that. I will look more into what all we need to get this started!
smatty1
Last I heard, this was the guy organizing the Atl groups:
http://forum.home...p?lookup=8
Edited by smatty1 on 10/16/2010 9:19 AM
Army Coffee
This is a old post, but I will reply anyway. I am in Columbia on Fort Jackson???
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67
snwcmpr
An old post, but I will reply too.
There is a home roasting workshop set to start in Greenville, SC

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
Pharmaxa
A very old post here, but I will reply too. I am an international graduate student here in USC. Columbia, SC. I just start looking into home roasting and would like to try some of beginner technique. I'm thinking about Popcorn popper method to start with.

I'm glad to hear that this small town has others who are into home roasting too.
Jump to Forum: