Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/04/2021 9:04 PM
I have been trying Scott Rao Hario V60 pourover this week. 1:17 and blooming with 2 parts water the first 45 seconds then splitting the rest into 2 pours. A little stirring is included. We like it.

03/04/2021 11:35 AM
My brew ratio is 1:17 (exactly 59.5 g/L). That's roughly 8.5g per 5-oz cup.

02/27/2021 9:29 AM
I'm looking to hire someone to teach/help me to find the best roast profile for the 3 types of coffee that grow on my farm in nicaragua. I live in LA, but but could go anywhere in so cal with my Behmor for a roasting lesson. Please contact me if you're in

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

Users Online
Guests Online: 14

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,042
Newest Member: K666B
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Starbucks serving wine and beer ?
JETROASTER
Subtle signs that your brand is adrift.

http://www.usatod...8_CV_N.htm

-Scott
Unta
seems like a natural progression, and the only thing they are going to be lacking is that they arent making the wine... ;)
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.
allenb

freshbeans wrote:
Subtle signs that your brand is adrift.

http://www.usatod...8_CV_N.htm

-Scott

I suggest they go the full distance and convert the stores into Italian food micro bistros with a primary focus on wine and high-end imported cheese and of course, after chowing down, have a complimentary cup of dark roasted Starbucks coffee to cap the meal! This should get the share holders drooling!
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Dan
A student of mine used to work at a Starbucks store. He said they sold more milk product than coffee, by gallon, making Starbucks a milk-bar, not a coffee shop, like they were originally. Now its changing again, into a bar. I suppose it makes sense considering that their clients want to come in and have a beverage and snack. To get the most from your investment you want to serve as many beverages as possible.
JETROASTER
....And a bit more proof. I think they still have coffee....I think...

http://www.bevind...rt-concept
Dan
"Come to Starbucks and drink like a fish, er... mermaid!"
Edited by Dan on 01/24/2012 12:36 PM
John Despres
Well, getting customers a little tipsy may improve coffee sales. Err.. Milk sales, that is.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
JimH
Which to-go cup will they be serving the wine in, paper or plastic?
ginny
Just wait, they will compete with Traer Joe' 2 buck chuck wine with
Starbuck Yuk!

Simply a matter of time.

gShock
Dan
Or, they'll use their dominant strategy and dilute with milk. Vinochinnos!
Edited by Dan on 01/26/2012 9:35 AM
jedovaty
Rotting grapes and barley with burnt beans. Mmmmm, flavor of champions.
JETROASTER
So, would that be a Barista, or simply a bartender? I imagine they would need to create a clever new term. Something new for the Fritalian vocabulary.

Here you go Dan...
http://bordeaux-u...er-drinks/
jkoll42
Anyone every try to infuse vodka with coffee beans?
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
taylmik
I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good wine but not at Starbucks. I love Starbucks and I love their coffee and their flair. And yes, I am one of those guys sitting there working on a Mac. But I would definitely not appreciate alcoholic beverages there for I do not think that such drinks belong to a coffee shop. I do not like to be surrounded by people getting tipsy in the middle of the day while I am trying to either work or relax with my coffee.
Edited by taylmik on 02/21/2012 1:56 AM
JETROASTER
The evil empire continues it's pursuit of mediocrity. Now entering the single serve machine biz.
http://www.bevind...l-concepts

Do I have to start making K-cups? -Scott
Jump to Forum: