Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee for our troops
Jimbo
Last year we did a care package thread for one of our own. (Deployment Coffee Kit)

http://forum.homeroasters.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1268&rowstart=0

I don't know if Burney is still there, but with the holidays coming up it might be nice to do something like this again.

Does anyone have family deployed?

Does anyone know of a group doing something like this where I/we can get names?

Any thoughts/interest?

JImbo

JETROASTER
I've done some private label/unit branding. (e.g 'Boat Div 202' ) They loved getting coffee with their own unit logo on it!
One of my coffee accounts, (the owner) seems to get deployed every 18 months. This was his unit.

Try contacting your local reserve unit, find out who is currently deployed, I'm sure you'll find some interest.
Good Luck, Scott
Edited by JETROASTER on 11/06/2010 10:14 AM

Unta
I have some roasted that i could donate. Let me know where it can go.
sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

opus
Did we drop the ball on this? Might be kinda late now, I just thought of it. How have we done it before?

Jimbo
I did a package in early Nov based on a thread I saw over on the Green Coffee Buying Club site:

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=10306.0

I just went out to the anysoldier website and got a name.

http://anysoldier.com

I plan to do another this week. I will check my name to make sure it is still a good address, and probably send to same one.

I should have updated this thread. My apologies.

Holidays are obviously a good time, but we really need to remember our soldiers all year round, and I plan to make this a habit.

Jimbo
"You do realize that your detailed plan has three steps and two of those steps hinge on running?"

taylmik
Nice idea with a custom unit logo on it. Personalized stuff is always awesome Grin adding a uniqueness to whatever it is one is making :)

troposcuba
I am Active Duty USAF. On my last deployment, I received two large packages from Community Coffee. One was New Orleans Coffee/Chicory, and I don't remember what the other was. Needless to say all the boys were very happy to have good coffee to drink. It certainly was an upgrade from the stuff we were drinking to that point. Now that I roast my own and enjoy it much more than any I have purchased already roasted, I can imagine what a great gift that would be over there. Although whole bean might present the problem of a grinder being required. I can say first hand, it was a nice diversion from the daily grind so to speak.

ginny
Count me in for donations.

ginnyGrin

Army Coffee
My Battalion spent 15-months in Iraq during the surge. I was fortunate to meet a gentleman named Bob Williams out of Tampa, FL who is running a Support Our Soldiers Group and they sent us almost 100lbs of Starbucks a week to keep us going. We went through every bit of it and I know I can speak for my whole organization when I say that we will never forget the warm feeling this coffee from home gave us.

You want to help, I know this guy makes it happen!!!

http://www.ourtroopsonline.com/

Tell him Drew sent you!!!
Edited by Army Coffee on 02/13/2012 7:36 PM
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

Jump to Forum: