Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/19/2021 6:22 AM
Welcome tarunk!

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

10/14/2021 4:00 AM
Morning, ar3mia ! and... coffee drink

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 17

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,363
Newest Member: tarunk

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee in Argentina
dja
does anyone know where I can get a decent cup of coffee in argentina, cause what i been drinking sucks big time.
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette
seedlings
Arrggggentina!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover
JETROASTER
If all else fails
JETROASTER attached the following image:
nescaf.jpg
Ringo
Travel coffee sucks, I just got back from Costa Rica and never had a good cup. The roast was darker than Starbucks. I even did a tour of a coffee plantation with a cupping class. The class was interesting but the coffee was roasted black.

Ringo
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain
John Despres
Odds are you may not find any. They sell the good stuff over here.

Come home and enjoy a fine cup of your own roasting.

I had the same problem in Mexico. No improvements until we got to Vera Cruz. Here are some pics of the excellent coffee in V.C. https://picasaweb...6186680786
John
Edited by John Despres on 08/10/2011 5:00 PM
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
allenb

John Despres wrote:

I had the same problem in Mexico. No improvements until we got to Vera Cruz. Here are some pics of the excellent coffee in V.C. https://picasaweb...6186680786
John

Reminds me of the great Cafe au Lait at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. Somehow the steamed milk added to the french roast brew creates a magical elixir that is addictive.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Dan
The coffee they use at Cafe du Monde has some chicory in it, giving it its unique "ovaltine" flavor.
allenb

Dan wrote:
The coffee they use at Cafe du Monde has some chicory in it, giving it its unique "ovaltine" flavor.

This is correct. It's too bad that the first exposure to coffee with chicory for many is from brewing stale commercial coffee with chicory from Community Coffee or some other roasters in the region. Blending fresh chicory with your favorite bean roasted to a vienna is a real treat!
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
dja
well one good thing happened today shame it wasn't in a cup, I located my bag in Chile,

And to Scott that helt up a jar of instant coffee, I did that in chile in 97 I don't think the stuff has improved any in the interveing years so I'll pass and drink what they call espresso at the local breakfast joint where we have a cup and a snack before going to the job.

The espresso would be good if thebeans were fresh the water hot and the guy knew what the hell he was doing. with the machine.

good thing is in about a week when I get home the monster I build for a roaster comes out in the backyard and I get some fresh I say FRESH roasted coffee too drink
taylmik
Depends on where you are I guess, if you are in a remote area perhaps it's harder to find something. But there is bound to be a good coffee plac ein buenos aires for sure, go out and hunt for one :)
dja
think I'll just stay home and drink what Chad sends
seedlings

dja wrote:
think I'll just stay home and drink what Chad sends

It's on the way!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover