renatoa
05/26/2022 12:39 AM
Welcome, andrew410 !

renatoa
05/23/2022 10:46 AM
abiy welcome cup

renatoa
05/18/2022 6:13 AM
gnosis coffee roasters and Terry Hauser, welcome !

allenb
05/15/2022 7:00 PM
lsawade welcome Welcome

renatoa
05/15/2022 9:13 AM
Welcome, Pinofly and Alex008

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,583
Newest Member: andrew410

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
make a programmer for the gene cafe
kernelhmm
After a weekend programming. I eventually make this PID controller works. Here is a screen capture of a test. I didn't load beans and just test the basic PID functions.

i41.tinypic.com/vwuyv9.jpg

The first part gene is controlled by the default settings. And then I switched to PID profile. Seems it works very well :-)

mikepetro
What software are you using, it looks interesting.

Mike Petro
Martinsville, VA
--------------------------------
Lady Silvia, Stepless Rocky, Gene Cafe
http://mikepetro.org/coffee/

bvwelch
Looks like some really neat projects going on here -- I would suggest you try to use real greens, of the expected amount/mass/payload -- it will make a big difference on PID, heat, fan, etc.

mikepetro
Ran it under full load tonight via PID. very simple automated profile, no ramps but all setpoint changes were automated by the controller, just wanted to see what the machines fully loaded (227g) ROR was. Control was great, +/- 1 degree or better. Roast of Costa Rican looked good, will see what my cup says in 3 days.......
www.mikepetro.org/coffee/images/GC/profile-2.JPG
Mike Petro
Martinsville, VA
--------------------------------
Lady Silvia, Stepless Rocky, Gene Cafe
http://mikepetro.org/coffee/

kernelhmm

mikepetro wrote:
What software are you using, it looks interesting.

I didn't find any appropriate temperature log software. So I wrote one by myself.

kernelhmm
i42.tinypic.com/2czohnc.jpg

This time a real roast testing with 150g beans. I slightly modified the programm to add a PID output power curve,
which is showed in yellow line. I think 150C for 6 minitues dry cycle may not be enough. And after 20minites roast I just got a city+ result.

Maybe you already notice there are a few jumps of PId output. Those jumps happened when i try to mannually offset the PID set value, e.g. +5C or -5C. So just neglect them.
Edited by kernelhmm on 03/13/2012 9:39 AM

bvwelch

kernelhmm wrote:
[I didn't find any appropriate temperature log software. So I wrote one by myself.

Is there any chance this program could work with our TC4 ? We need more choices on the PC/host side of things. thanks! -bill

kernelhmm

bvwelch wrote:

kernelhmm wrote:
[I didn't find any appropriate temperature log software. So I wrote one by myself.

Is there any chance this program could work with our TC4 ? We need more choices on the PC/host side of things. thanks! -bill

Does TC4 use serial port to exchange data with PC? If so, I think it could be. The program itself is very simple, and isn't well polished. I am afraid it could only run on my PC :-( (need serveral external java lib and dll). But if someone consider it is useful, I can contribute my source.

JimG

kernelhmm wrote:
Does TC4 use serial port to exchange data with PC? If so, I think it could be. The program itself is very simple, and isn't well polished. I am afraid it could only run on my PC :-( (need serveral external java lib and dll). But if someone consider it is useful, I can contribute my source.

Yes, it has a serial interface that has been configured to work with a few different host programs. There is an open source repository for the project's code here:
http://code.googl...c4-shield/

If you would be willing to have your source posted there, and I hope you are, please send me a PM and I will get it done.

Jim

Jump to Forum: