renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,212
Newest Member: eximwind

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Salvador SHG Cerro Las Ranas pulped natural
Unta
This is a quick one. Im picking up the bags on Tuesday.
Price will be some where around 3.75 with shipping to me. Then its +.50 and what ever the cost to ship to you.

There are no limits on quantity.

Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

JackH
Sean, I would like 5 pounds.

Thanks,
Jack
Edited by JackH on 11/14/2011 4:08 AM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

mikeasr
I'll take 5.

Mike

Kenroid
Any cupping notes?

Unta
from the supplier.

El Salvador SHG Cerro Las Ranas Pulped Natural RFA?6/13/11

The lively acidity, smooth body and buttery, chocolate taste make this El Salvador a ?must have!? Starting off sweet, it flows into a creamy, milk chocolate-citrus flavor, rounded out by a fully-developed body and a lemony-orange finish.
Sean Harrington
educate.

Unta
another take.

Our favorite pulped natural (honey processed) coffee has delivered the rich, flavorful, complex cup that we were yearning for. With a sweet start followed by creamy, milk chocolate and cherry flavors, a fully-developed body and a lemony-orange finish.
Sean Harrington
educate.

andrewbird
i has this one last year, it was neat to try, but i wouldn't want 5 pounds of it. tooooo much cherry to drink it everyday. i seem to be in the minority though about finding fruity coffees strrange. all the cool kids are drinking fruity coffees these days. i'm happy with my $2.65/pound sweet,clean,normal organic peru :)
:trink25:

ginny
Andrew:

tons-o-coffee drinkers do not like fruity tasting coffee; as with anything else it's your palate and you taste what YOU taste.

I bet many would try this coffee, roasting it no doubt, differently then you may and taste NO fruit.

Drinking the same old coffee everyday is to my mind rather boring.

The great advantage of being able to roast your own coffee is to test drive all those wonderful different tastes, even taste within the same bag of beans cn be very different.

Please don't let me encourage you to dump your boring same old cup!

ginnyGrin

Gregman
Put me down for 5lbs please.
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

JETROASTER
Pulp Natch? I'm in! #20 please. -Scott

Unta

andrewbird wrote:
i has this one last year, it was neat to try, but i wouldn't want 5 pounds of it. tooooo much cherry to drink it everyday. i seem to be in the minority though about finding fruity coffees strrange. all the cool kids are drinking fruity coffees these days. i'm happy with my $2.65/pound sweet,clean,normal organic peru :)

This synopsis is the opposite of how I feel about coffee... HAHA...If your still finding $2.65 cent any where these days please let everyone know where....Three dollar coffee is impossible to come by these days from any of my sources. :/
This salvador @ 3.64 is cheap.

So to summize

Scott for 20#
DAvid Y for 15#
Ibeans for 5#
Jhan for 5#
Gregman for 5#
and my buddy Mike for another 5#

This coffee seems to have quite a reputation for fruit. I will be cupping it tommorrow. Get in while the gettins good!

Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

JimH
I bought Las Ranas from Burman before you posted that you would be getting it, but I have to say that it is an exceptional coffee. It is sweet, smooth and balanced, as well as being a joy to roast. My only disagreement is that I thought the fruit was more mango than cherry, but that might just have been the depth of roast. For anyone considering a purchase, I heartily endorse it.

JackH

freshbeans wrote:
Pulp Natch? I'm in! #20 please. -Scott

Scott, you must have a bean silo.Grin
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

JETROASTER
Hah!, No silo, but I did score some old-school plexi bins for these small lots!
If you need alot of storage...you're not roasting fast enough!! Cheers! -Scott

andrewbird
oh, I get greens from a huge coffee-roaster in cleveland (ie, they have 2 roasters, and each one can roast 150 pounds at a time!). they do a lot of farm-direct stuff, so it keeps the prices lower than what brokers sell it for. 2 years ago the peru cost $1.80, then $2.10 last year, and this year it has hovered around $2.65...a 50% increase in less than 2 years. i could pick up a bag of it next time i see them if you want to split it up. they have more expensive ones too, like a $4 sumatra or a $3.50 guatemala, but i'm pretty happy with my peru. i promise to roast up something more special than that for the christmas swaap ;-)

oh, and hey, at least i'm not drinking brazil and colombia. peru is surely a step up from those two, right?
:trink25:

qajariaq
I'm in for 20 lbs! Grin

Unta
So to summize

Scott for 20#
DAvid Y for 15#
Ibeans for 5#
Jhan for 5#
Gregman for 5#
qajariaq for 20#

Andrew-
If you can buy bags certified FTO peru @ 2.65 Ill buy 3. I will also continue to buy them.
send me a PM.

Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

Unta
Just so everyone is aware due to a slight glitch the coffee is going to be delayed a week.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

ginny
Andrew:

There is no issue with 2 buck chuck coffee beans. We are not a bunch of raging coffee snobs around here regardless of what you may think.

Tell me who your supplier of these beans is will you please.

ginny

JETROASTER

Unta wrote:
..... delayed a week.
Sean

Should the check go out now? -Scott
Edited by Unta on 11/15/2011 1:57 PM

Unta

freshbeans wrote:

Unta wrote:
..... delayed a week.
Sean

Should the check go out now? -Scott

NO---Still, TBD.

Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

mk1
I'd love to 10# if you have them

Mark

Unta
Unta! wrote:
So to summize

Scott for 20#
DAvid Y for 15#
Ibeans for 5#
Jhan for 5#
Gregman for 5#
qajariaq for 20#
MK1 10#

Were @ 85lbs 1/2 way to a bag..Anybody else for a great deal, only 67 lbs to go.

Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

David

Unta wrote:Were @ 85lbs 1/2 way to a bag..Anybody else for a great deal, only 67 lbs to go. Sean

Sean, I'd like to raise my order to 20#.
David

mk1
Sean,
I'll raise to 20# as well.
Thanks,
Mark

Jump to Forum: