Newest Member: Adrian

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Captains Coffee?
smatty1
Anyone have experience with these guys? http://www.thecap...coffee.com
I just placed an order.
Selection and information seems to have grown since I first became aware of them some time ago.
seedlings
First I've heard. Be sure to post back with your experience with them.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover
ginny
They were one of our sponsers for the Coffee Kids Auction if I remember correctly. I can check. I do know severl people have mentioned them and been happy.

I have not had any personal experience with them.

let us know, we like to know these things!

ginnyShock
kboom1
I ordered 20 lb of various greens from them last month.Not too bad to deal with,Bean selection was good,Taste profile posted was good
price was soso,ships beans it kraft tin tie bags only ordered 1lb of each so dont know about bigger orders,Nice fresh strong grassy bean
smell very fragrant,The beans I've tried before my storage mishap were great. I reccomend the Ethiopia, Adulina Harrar (yummy).
some of the info was pulled off the web site on a few of the beans I ordered before I could relook them over so I emailed Denny Robbins over there,I got a reply back the next day with the info. Also with my order he sent a 6oz.sample of PNG Kimmel Peaberry.ThumbsUp
equipment: Behmor 1600, Rancilio Silvia,Rancilio Rocky,Gaggia Titanium,Gaggia Platinum,
JavaMonkey
I tried their sampler pack, which brings together coffees from around the world. Interesting experiment. Ended up liking Kenyan AA a lot (which I kinda expected) and Indian Mysore (which I didn't expect). Service is faster than Sweetmarias; prices similar; selection a little smaller.

My order came with a handwritten "thank you" note...which I really appreciate. I will absolutely order from them again and would recommend giving them a try.

Gregg
grp00
I've had good experiences with Captains. I generally order about 25lbs or so at a time, which for me is about a 6 month supply. Shipping is usually free if your order exceeds $200.00, so I try order that much at a time. I just recently bought out their entire remaining supply of Guatemala Huehuetenango. That's my favorite everyday blend. I too received a handwritten note thanking me for my order and acknowledging that I scored the last of their Guatemala Huehuetenango by saying 'Well played!'.
rustic_roaster
I just got my first order from them this week, but have not roasted any yet. I placed the order last saturday and got a email on sunday saying it shipped. The beans looked to be in good shape, smell fresh like the kboom1 said.

I like that the site has their current stock listed, could be a marketing plow to get you to jump, worked on me for a uganda coffee.

They threw in a 3 oz sampler of a East Timor Maubesse, nice touch but I dont know if I can roast that small of batch.

I normally order from Sweet Maria's but choose coffee from here as I want to roast coffee from all the coffee producing countries. Due to SM high standards they have not had coffee from some countries in a while. I will be able to check off uganda, bali and tanzania (maybe East Timor).
rlb2444
One of my top five bean sources. Never had a problem. Nice people that really care about their service. I have done business with them for 4-5 years.
Faema Legend, Versalab, Robur-E, Monolith, Compak K10 Fresh, Hottop
Jump to Forum: