So, I bought this Rancilio espresso machine
Unta
Epoca 2 group
Unta attached the following image:
2012-01-16_19-56-06_246.jpg

Sean Harrington
educate.

Unta
And by golly it came with this coffee shop....So if your in Warner NH and need a homeroaster hideaway or a fine cup of coffee stop in..
Unta attached the following image:
tempfile.jpg

Sean Harrington
educate.

allenb
Sean,

Am I understanding right that you just recently bought this coffee shop? And of course the Rancillio with it.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Unta

allenb wrote:
Sean,

Am I understanding right that you just recently bought this coffee shop? And of course the Rancillio with it.

Allen

ThumbsUp Sure did Allen.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

allenb
Wow, now I'm just a little jealous.:@

Major congratulations to you and hope you have folks in the area that appreciate excellent coffee and pack the place everyday your open!

Oh and BTW, nice espresso machine.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Unta
Thanks so much Allen, I'm excited about the prospects.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

jkoll42
I'm guessing you overpaid for the Rancilio and got a great deal on the coffee shop :)

Congrats!!!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

JackH
Sean, best of luck with the coffee shop. I visit my sister in NH and will stop by sometime when you are set up.

JETROASTER
Congrats!! NH coffee options just got better. Best wishes for 2012!

Was this a spontaneous thing, or has it been your wish from the get-go? -Scott

Unta
Thanks for all the the well wishes.
John, it was deal and is open today, though in transition.
Jack please do, we' ll be having a grand opening sometimes around april.
. Scott- i have been activly pursuing food and coffee for he lazt year. This specific spot came on the radar on thursday. I did he financials this weekend and made an offer . So this particular spot was indeed very spontaneous. Though this was my third offer on a space.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

BenGeldreich
Congratulations!! Heres to the town craveing your coffee, so you are always pulling shots from that gorgeous rancillio.

Ben
--------

Ben

Turbo Oven Roaster w/ Variac, TC4Cw/ Bourbon | Bezzera Strega | Baratza Vario Grinder | Yama 5 Cup Syphon | Aeropress

RoasterRob
Congratulations Sean. If you exceed your customers expectations you can't help but do well. I've seen Cafe's that are are flat out by having exceptional coffee, food and customer service even when they're off the beaten track. Hope to hear that you are insanely busy.
regards
Rob
VBM Minimax 2gp, 1gp Reneka Techno, 2 gp la Pavoni Pub, la Cimbali M28, SJ Maz, FB 6kg HM roaster and other stuff

kgraham63
Well Done Sean!

I love the concept of a homeroasters hideaway! Homeroasters doing well is the answer to Charbuck's! Advertise that you are a homeroaster who has taken it to the next level! People love to be a part of a success model like this!

Congrats on the Rancilio too!

-Ken
The Greenest Bean, The Freshest Roast, The Liveliest Cup!

Unta

RoasterRob wrote:
Congratulations Sean. If you exceed your customers expectations you can't help but do well. I've seen Cafe's that are are flat out by having exceptional coffee, food and customer service even when they're off the beaten track. Hope to hear that you are insanely busy.
regards
Rob

Thanks a lot Rob, we do hope to be able to embody all of those traits.
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

seedlings
Yes! Here's to hoping your footprint is large, distinct and the coffee hunters will find you! All the best to your endeavor Sean!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

rcwarship
Woohoooo!
Best wishes for you & your new enterprise.
Jon
Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand.

Koffee Kosmo
That's what I call an Upgrade ThumbsUp

Good luck with the venture

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

Unta

Koffee Kosmo wrote:
That's what I call an Upgrade ThumbsUp

Good luck with the venture

KK

HaHA, yeah decent upgrade :).
Thanks again everyone, ya'll have a cup with your name on it if your in the area.
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

JETROASTER
Any signature offerings in mind? -Scott

Unta
ThumbsUp
Sean Harrington
educate.

JETROASTER
Oh yeah,... how's the Rancilio? -Scott

Unta

freshbeans wrote:

Been a fun few days playing with it. It has a four hole steam wand tip that I want to replace. I also want to get the panels taken off it and have a look inside. Hopefully next week Ill get the chance. It could use new gaskets and a descaling I'm sure. lots still to learn
Really busy trying to get a menu together and change up the drip service and incorporate some other quality/consistency increasing processes.
The drip process right now is 40-45g/L with water temps at about 180......no bueno! The upside is when we bring in the beans Feb. 1, we will not have to do much improve quality. New machines and proper ratios should be quite evident.
Fun fun fun!
Sean
Sean Harrington
educate.

Gregman
Congratulations, We'll try to drive up soon and check it out.

Sean what is the proper ratio, 65 gm/l ?

Did you get my pm?
Thanks, Greg
Well now........ that's not suppose to happen!

Koffee Kosmo

Unta wrote:

freshbeans wrote:

Been a fun few days playing with it. It has a four hole steam wand tip that I want to replace. I also want to get the panels taken off it and have a look inside. Hopefully next week Ill get the chance. It could use new gaskets and a descaling I'm sure. lots still to learn

Sean

There is a trick to creating good microfoam with a 4 hole steam tip
I developed it B)
Follow this link to my blog to see it - http://koffeekosm...great.html

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://homeroast...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.

Unta

Koffee Kosmo wrote:

Unta wrote:

freshbeans wrote:

Sean

There is a trick to creating good microfoam with a 4 hole steam tip
I developed it B)
Follow this link to my blog to see it - http://koffeekosm...great.htmlKK

Ill give it a go today and let you know. I was playing with the Idea of keeping a right angle to the pitcher already, looks like I just need to keep the steam wand tip submerged.
Thanks KK!
Greg, come on up this spring. We will be getting things converted and getting the coffee program refined over the next few months.

I find that I like my drip coffees in the 65g/l range, some lower some a bit higher.
Sean
Edited by Unta on 01/20/2012 9:24 AM
Sean Harrington
educate.

Jump to Forum: