Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

10/14/2021 4:00 AM
Morning, ar3mia ! and... coffee drink

10/12/2021 11:55 AM
Evan Slack and CupOfJoe, Welcome !

10/07/2021 3:24 AM
Larry140, Roastiva and fkrauthan, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 17

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,360
Newest Member: maycondelpiero

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Espresso for Kids?
ginny
http://theweek.co...d-espresso

-g
JETROASTER
I spent my childhood summers jacked-up on 'coffee-milk' in Rhode Island.
I turned out OK.
....I think.... -Scott
jzuzphreek
My 2 year old LOVES his coffee-milk (a 1/2 cup of coffee to about 1.5 cups of milk) on the weekends! He also knows everything in the house associated with "Dadee Coffee" including my heat gun, frothing cup, and the chaff outside that I (never) clean up. It's probably the most unhealthy thing he drinks though. The only soda he gets is watered down diet/caffeine free. And usually he just wants water.

I think there are a lot more contributing factors to obesity than a little bit of caffeine (doesn't caffeine GIVE you energy). :Clap:
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

ajrunningbiking
My 2 year old does the same thing. Every time I grind beans, he is by my side saying "Dadda, Smell!!!". I have not let him try it yet....I don't want him drinking all my coffee!!! Grin
shsesc
Nearly 1 year old, my son, le petit gourmand, has been caught sucking my spoon when I turned my back on an empty cup. He also tries to stick his fingers in it when it's full.

He's faster than you'd think a 1 year old could be.
DavidG
Nothing wrong with my 4 year old daughter knowing how to properly slurp a spoon of Daddy's coffee, right?

She won't touch the stuff in any restaurant or at grandma's house! :)
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)
Dan
Years ago I posted my recipe for "Kids Cappuccino," but that post disappeared. I reposted it here:

http://forum.home...ad_id=3343
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.
ginny
Dan:

things get lost, posts get lost; I do no believe it was taken away on purpose.

the only thing HRO ever lost was the posts of Ed Needham. yes, it was my fault as very novice php software user.

no one took down a kids drink for god sake; perhaps you removed the post in your transition years ago.

ginny

roar
Edited by ginny on 06/14/2013 6:30 PM
Dan
Ginny:

I didn't say or even suggest otherwise, and I'm positive I didn't delete any of my own posts. I guess you can add Dan Bollinger's to Ed Needham's lost posts.
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.
Jura Impressa
Kids shouldn't drink coffee at all. It's not good for them. The only possibility - to make a coffee without caffeine for kids.
Dan
Jura, Why do you say that? According to WikiPedia: "There is no evidence that coffee stunts a child's growth."

And, it might even be helpful: "While some authors have raised the possibility of subtle long-term problems [with mother ingesting caffeine during pregnancy] follow-up neurological data at 18 months and at five years after neonatal caffeine treatment revealed the opposite; treatment appears to be neuroprotective, as caffeine-treated children were significantly less likely to have cerebral palsy and had reduced rates of language and cognitive delay."
ginny
There are many issues with children and coffee if not personally prepared by parent or other adult.

http://tlc.howstu...offee2.htm

ginny

party
coffeeroastersclub
My only issue with giving kids coffee is, jeez, they are hyper enough.
woohoo

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln
JETROASTER
Perhaps it's a "gateway" drug ! ! woohoo
-Scott
ginny
LOL, very funny Scott...

smoking

-g
Lawnmowerman
This is posted at a local coffee shop where I get my double shots
Lawnmowerman attached the following image:
cam00266-1.jpg

Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
mary26
kids should drink milk and not espresso.. ;)
jkoll42
If my 1 year old can get her hands on an empty espresso cup she will gladly lick the residue out of it. I couldn't figure out why she smelled so good!

I am certainly not for giving large quantities of coffee to young children, but I am all for giving young children little tastes of everything (non toxic obviously) you can. I think it sets them up for a broader love of food and drink.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
Lawnmowerman
Im totally in agreement with Jon on this. My 2year old son will take a sip here and there. Then he will say ahhhhh! I would never serve it to him or cola for that matter. He tried to turm on the grinder. He trys to stir my pour over. He tries to fiddle with my roaster knobs. He gets very excited when its time to roast. Once he even brought my thermocouple out when I was setting upShockg As for a well rounded palate, same thing.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
Jump to Forum: