Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

07/21/2021 3:00 AM
Welcome RoastedRight

07/18/2021 3:06 AM
Welcome to darkbrew, carl1961 and vitor !

07/17/2021 4:30 PM
Welcome Skin Destination AND Timberline

07/16/2021 3:10 AM
Welcome to callmejohn and axissolutions !

07/10/2021 8:24 AM
yourspecialbrew Welcome!

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 13

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,256
Newest Member: stivenreed333

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
new gaggia gran
peterz
So, I can't help myself. Here I was at this yard sale and almost tripped over a box with a Gaggia Gran in it. The price was right, so I bought it s:8s:8s:8s:8
It is my fourth low entry level espresso. s:6
I think the PF will fit the Baby but it is lighter weight.:(
Yes it does work fine. Not quite new, but not old either.s:2
It has the Most everything that came with it new..even instruction book.s:2s:2
I want to keep the PF, but what do I do with the rest?c:2
In my dreams I would offer to trade it for a real PF for my Baby. B)
A heavier one than this one is.
Anyone have a Baby PF and wants to trade for an almost new Gaggia Gran please let me know. s:1s:1

PeterZ
Just have to stop collecting espresso machines, here in LHC.
Mike
Sounds like a 'Tradition' offering to a commitable (sp) newbie in the near future.;)

Mike
B)
Edited by Mike on 05/14/2006 3:07 AM
Ascholten
peter, umm I am beginning to know your feeling. I see crap I do NOT need, but is coffee related so get it anyways. Oh yah, I needed ANOTHER of those. I just keep them and once in a while someone will express an interest in doing coffee so I will offer it to them to give them a further push in the right direction. I have a few friends who I have turned onto home roast, one of them didn't even drink coffee until I made some, because it made him sick, and now loves it. So far I have given him a whirly blade, but he knows he needs a better grinder, and I have given him a swiss gold one cup brewer.

Thing is though, I leave my 'coffee kit' there so he has access to one of my Zass', my scale, and my SG so is doing coffee the right way when Im not there. Im hoping to find one of those turkish mill grinders, it might be a bit better suited for my portability pack, and if I do, Ill probably donate my knee Zass to him for the cause.

So, yes, picking up extra stuff is not always a bad thing. The way I see it, if I can get some other folks around me roasting coffee, then I have another source of great fresh coffee as we trade with each other.

Aaron
Bean there Done that, donated the T-shirt to the Church of the Second crack.... St Beanyface
Jump to Forum: