Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,222
Newest Member: Coultkr

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
3" blower. Perfect for small fluid-bed
JETROASTER
Searching for a great little blower for roasting 1-2 lbs?
The 3" diameter is very handy, and the blowers performance is great (for what it is...cheap) 40" H2O!!
I used one in the "Max Heatgun", and more recently, another machine from down-under (greencardigan) incorporated one.
http://forum.home...post_34946
For the folks in the 120v world;

These were available in the US under the Eureka name for a bit. Currently available as the 'Tiny Tank' hand vac. (@ Harbor Freight)

Also under the Fuller Brush brand-name.
https://www.googl...mp;bih=578

Pick your vendor! -Scott
JETROASTER attached the following image:
fuller.jpg
jedovaty
I've been thinking about doing a fluidbed, but the noise is a turnoff.. are these things loud?
JETROASTER
Well, this blower specifically has a high pitch. Given its small size, it is easy to create an enclosure.
It dropped right into a jumbo cocktail shaker. Once everything is hooked up, all that high-pitch noise goes right out the exhaust.
On the intake side, the roaster is mounted on a sound deadening stand.
Nice to work with. -Scott
RoasterRob
Just my 5cents worth. My 1100watt VC blower is only drawing 400watts with 650 grams of green in my 4" RC and it's not very loud at that setting on the dimmer. So unless you need the small size of the 3" blower I wouldn't get to worried about the current draw of the blower.

Rob
VBM Minimax 2gp, 1gp Reneka Techno, 2 gp la Pavoni Pub, la Cimbali M28, SJ Maz, FB 6kg HM roaster and other stuff
greencardigan
I picked up my 3" blower here. Only $20 AUD new ThumbsUp

http://dicksmith....um-cleaner
JETROASTER
Yeah, the price is nice. Let's face it, there is nothing about this blower that screams 'quality'. It's pretty much disposable.

The physical size is the nice part. It was so much easier to poke around some kitchen gadgets and make it work.

I'm considering running 2 (parallel) to attempt 5lbs. It could really change how the furnace etc could be shaped.
-Scott
JETROASTER
Tried to make that link clickable....no go.
Anyway, that has a 4" blower, plus the shaft to drive the brush.
It will work, you'll just have to deal with that shaft at the intake port. A bit of a hazard. -Scott
JETROASTER
I'm in the vacuum biz full-time......the coffee biz....part-time .
Even if a machine is not repairable , I'll typically take it apart to see what's happening inside.
It might be worth a visit to your local vac-shop. Perhaps they'd poke around the bone-yard for you. -Scott
John Despres
Hmmm. I can't make it clickable, either... Odd

I went to the site and have copied it here to try again.

http://www.shopxs...%20Vacuums

Then copied it to the original post. Odd... Dunno

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
Jump to Forum: