Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 13

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How to install
jzuzphreek
So, can anyone tell me the proper procedure for fixing thermocouple leads to my breadmaker? Am I supposed to solder? Or is there another method? Duct Tape? Gorilla Glue?

Also, where is the recommend placement for each lead (ET and BT). I'm guessing I'll afix the BT probe to the floor of the container, beneath the bean mass. I have a clear access with only 1 bend in the wire. No real clue about where to place the ET probe though. What proximity to the heat gun?
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

jkoll42
You want to be able to move the TC if necessary so I would not recommend permanently affixing with glue. Any of the tapes are not gonna survive the heat. You can use a pipe strap like I did in my BM, you can use 1/4" flex copper like the bubblebed, or you can drill through the chamber like I have seen in a few turbo oven builds. You want the BT probe to be fully in the bean mass when it is stirring to limit influence of ET air on the reading. Assuming your BM chamber is square, one of the corners is good since you have a larger mass of beans in the corner.

You want the ET probe to read the temp of air that is coming in contact with the beans. Keep it as far away from the heat gun air as possible and as close to, but not touching the bean mass. Honestly the ET temp is interesting but really not that important - don't worry about the exact placement too much.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

bvwelch
You might try using the search engine on this site -- lots of bread maker projects are available here, and probably will answer to your questions.

jzuzphreek
thanks j. My sarcasm generator wasn't working too well yesterday. I forgot the appropriate smilies to indicate the tape and glue ideas were quite ridiculous. I guess I could just drill 2 tiny holes in the side one high, one low. The chamber is round, but there's a consistent mass along the edge.

I also figured out the solution to my glass dome problem. As much as I'd like to be able to see inside during roasting, I know it won't be possible without the glass dome. But I can't put a hole in the dome, so I'm going to give up on the hope to see inside. I have a stainless steel bowl that a friend is going to drill (a whole for the gun) for me. I should be able to post a pic of my new setup next week! whoop!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

jkoll42
no prob - my sarcasm detecter was offline as well.

Since the chamber is round just be sure you have it in an area with enough clearance for the mixing paddle. You may end up having to go through the side just above the top of the paddle. If you drill a small hole you can secure to the outside of the chamber with high temp silicone. If the location doesnt work you can move it and it's no big deal.

It's neat to see through the lid, but you are on track with the bowl. Once you get your TC's in all you need to see it BT and roasting will be good.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

DavidG
Jessy,

Great questions. In my BMHG, I opted to drill through the sidewall for TC placement to measure bean temp (BT). Searching my prior topics will get you a couple pics and links to my FB album (more pics). You will also see my adventure in making a protective sleeve for the TC with metal ink pen refills.

One lesson learned: if you drill through the side wall, think ahead about where the paddle swings.

Another lesson learned: before changing to a vacuum-driven cooler, I always seemed to forget to pull the TC out before pulling the breadpan out. I tore up a couple sleeves and kinked the TC wires a couple of times. Now, I use a cooler that evacuates the beans from the cooler with a vacuum hose. So, no more lifting/holding/dropping the HOT breadpan.

Cheers,
David
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

JackH
Here is a link to David's post about the pen refill TC sleeve: Great idea!
http://forum.home...post_20226

Wish I saw that link a week ago. I cut up the tube of a bad metal sheathed TC, removed the old wires and used the tube in the same way for my TurboCrazy roaster.

--Jack

jzuzphreek
going to Office max on lunch to get some! Thanks for the great tip!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

Jump to Forum: