renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,211
Newest Member: bijurexim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Grinder ID please
jzuzphreek
Can anyone ID this grinder? http://neworleans...55622.html. I sent a message to the poster yesterday, but I'm too impatient to wait for a response.

Anybody have any knowledge or experience with La San Marcos machines?
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

jzuzphreek
Sorry, forgot the obligatory smiley.... discuss amongst yourselves please. :argue:
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

ginny
Mazzer Mini.

great grinder.

ginny

cool

jkoll42
Mini was my initial reaction also, but a couple things are throwing me off - the tall nech from the hopper to the grinder, small metal dosing arm, wire portafilter holder, the front has 'feet' and is not squared off, no timer

My dissenting opinion is it's an old Fiamma branded grinder.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

ginny
don't think it is a jolly but I do believe it is OLD, much older style. I am pretty sure it it a Mazzer.

you could be right. did you ask him? seems a very high price for old equipment. the bunn is worthless. 1400 bucks can get you some nice new stuff.

-g

ginny
could be a San Marcos grinder, just old. very old.

http://www.michae...eries.html

their site link above

-g:smiley-837.gif:

jzuzphreek
In my email I asked if the items were available separately. The listing is also misleading. The espresso machine is listed as "Commercial", which is definitely not true.
:smileys-429:
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

Dan
Regardless of make, that's a small commercial grinder, making it ideal for the serious home barista.

ginny
not a great deal if it needs copious amounts of work/parts, there is no question that San Marcos makes a great machine. that particular machine does not look big enough to be commercial,

which tells me that parts may not be easy to get.

it all looks dirty to me. if someone does not take care of the outside, what does the inside look like.

-ginny

ask him for more pictures, pictures with the casing of the espresso machine, close up's of all except that garbage bunn.

:mrgreen.gif:

jkoll42
http://longisland...00950.html

Fiamma Grinder
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

John Despres
Looks like a modern art sculpture of Popeye.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ginny
got the following from fellow selling this setup:

>>>la machina is a san marcos commercial beast. great, quick pressure and heat. espresso co on westbank has all the parts. grinder was rebuilt in 2010 and all equipment was used for a total of 18 festival weekends<<<

so shipping from Paris or France someplace.

g

jzuzphreek
ginny, are you referring to the same CL posting? I had no idea there was an "Espresso Co." near me. I might have to check into that company and see what kinda stuff they've got.
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

ginny
Jessy,

I do not know where you are. My note was from the guy selling the 1400 buck setup.

there is another post someone else has posted also from CL.

-g

jkoll42
Jessy - I have no idea what part of nola is considered 'westbank' but a quick google search shows that http://www.neworl...m/#!__home services San Marco. Address is 805 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113
-Jon

jzuzphreek
Interestinger and Interestinger. I've run across that company as well, and they are not located on the westbank (actually they're right around the corner from the National D-Day Museum... have you thanked a vet today?) I hate their website so much that I've kind of put them out of my mind.

When talking about the geography of the greater New Orleans area the word "Westbank" speaks about a specific region... any part of town south of the Mississippi river (think that's funny? look at a map :smiley-1298.gif:)

So, to Ginny's response, I still wonder what company there is in that part of town, that I've not run across yet.

Off Topic, but if any of you decide to vacation in New Orleans, I'm more than happy to give tours! There's a few decent cafes popping up here and there with trained baristi and only brewing locally roasted beans.
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

ginny
ok, I have no idea what you guys are talking about here...

I misread the email. I read Left Bank not Westbank.

hence my stupid remark about ship from.

sorry.

ginny

:mrgreen.gif:

jzuzphreek
hah! Thanks for all the confusion! And for getting my hopes up.:coffee.gif:
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

jkoll42
Ginny - at least you didn't think we were talking about Gaza :smileys-262

and no, there is absolutely no reason for a dancing banana in this reply but it has to be the coolest smiley ever so I had to use it.

Jessy - Their website truly is horrible. Looking at a map now, the only place that I can find that I think is in the westbank is

Delta Region Coffee Services Inc
1424 Holiday Place, New Orleans, LA 70114

If you look at street view it just looks like some guys house so it may just be a supply delivery service or something.
-Jon

Jump to Forum: