renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,211
Newest Member: bijurexim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Snob stories at the coffee shop
John Despres
I'll start with this story.

This past weekend I had opportunity to visit a local coffee shop, something I rarely do. The occasion was a meeting with the director of a world premiere show I'm designing. (Pretty cool, huh?)

As I was in line, trying to decide what to order, I saw "Rwanda FTO" on one of the air pots. When it was my turn, the young lady behind the counter asked me what I would like:

Me: Hmmm, I'm thinking about the Rwanda. Is it nice & fruity like it should be?
She: Oh, we have lots of flavors you can add.
Me: No! I want the coffee to taste like it should. Terroir! The characteristics of the bean! I want a coffee that is delicious, something I will make lots of yummy noises with.
The guy behind me: YEAH!!!
She: Well, we can make it whatever you like.
Me: Do you like wine?
She: Yes.
Me: What's your favorite wine?
She: Cabernet.
Me: Ahh. What do you add to your wine to make it taste better?
She: Nothing.
Me: Right! Coffee should be that delicious. Respect the bean
The Guy Behind me: YEAH!!!
Me: I'll try a medium Rwanda, please.

If the coffee was a product of Rwanda, I couldn't prove it, but it wasn't horrible.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

coffeeroastersclub
"Me: Hmmm, I'm thinking about the Rwanda. Is it nice & fruity like it should be?
She: Oh, we have lots of flavors you can add."

Roflmao John, that is great. Thanks for the belly laugh.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

atalanta
That's good! LOL thank you.

Dan
Funny. You used wine as an example. There are similar stories about wine, too. Some people think that when the labels says it has certain flavors, like berries and cedar, that the wine maker adds these to the wine.

Congrats on the show. What kind of design do you do" Set design?

John Despres
Yes, I design scenery for film, theatre, TV and corporate events/meetings. This particular show is a brand new translation of Medea.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

ciel-007

John Despres wrote:

... I design scenery for film, theatre, TV and corporate events/meetings...

Cool! cool
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

JETROASTER
I just snarfed my espresso!! Please, Please, next time bring the hidden video recorder!
Thanks for the laugh. -Scott

Dan
I worked at the U. design department in industrial design. Another area was set design. Many years ago I built them a 4x8 vacuum forming machine to make cheap, lightweight 3D architectural and foliage elements.

John Despres
Vacuum formed scenery rocks. Kind of expensive, though, for most theatre companies.
Respect the bean.
John Despres

Jump to Forum: