Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/05/2021 3:10 AM
Welcome, Johny Morrisson !

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 14

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,370
Newest Member: Johny Morrisson

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Goodbye Millenium, Hello Vivaldi II
Dan
My shiny Isomac Millenium of ten years has finally reached the end of its service life. So, I've decided to upgrade this prosumer machine with a single grouphead commercial machine. I've decided on the La Spaziale Vivaldi II.

http://www.home-b...eview.html

www.chriscoffee.com/images/1809/VivaldiIIBlack.jpg

ginny
too bad you don't get that double set of illy designer series espresso cups wth your order...

nice machine,

ginnycool

seedlings
What went wrong with the Isomac that wasn't repairable? Do you use or plan to use water softener?

That is a sweet machine Dan! I sold my espresso machine a few months ago due to lack of use. My willingness to wake up early in the AM has dwindled, as had planning multiple roasts and rest times for drip vs. spro. Espresso is always in the back of my mind though!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Dan
Ginny, I have a set of Lyndt-Styimeist Colorways espresso cups! They are no longer in production, so, to me, more interesting than the Illy cups.

img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6316585/il_fullxfull.269586406.jpg

Chad, I had been toying with upgrading for a year or so. Dual boilers make a lot of sense, and the Vivaldi has a commercial vane pump, too.

The Isomac is probably repairable given a new pump and pressurestat. But lately, the HX wasn't been putting enough heat into the grouphead so brewing temps were lower, even after increasing the boiler temperature. A descale didn't improve it at all. So, since it needed so much work I decided now was a good time to replace it. I've had the Isomac for more than ten years. And, a lot of Isomac owners have upgraded to the Vivladi. So, I decided to invest in my hobby. :)

I have an RO unit and the water for the espresso machine is remineralized.

ginny
Ya know an:

I was not suggesting that you did not have cool cups in your espresso quiver...

simply that the Designer Art Series that illy has done for decades are really cool
and most are out of production since they are limited edition...

ginny

rockon

Dan
I understood. I'm just sharing my coffee hobby with others.

Jump to Forum: