Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/04/2021 9:04 PM
I have been trying Scott Rao Hario V60 pourover this week. 1:17 and blooming with 2 parts water the first 45 seconds then splitting the rest into 2 pours. A little stirring is included. We like it.

03/04/2021 11:35 AM
My brew ratio is 1:17 (exactly 59.5 g/L). That's roughly 8.5g per 5-oz cup.

02/27/2021 9:29 AM
I'm looking to hire someone to teach/help me to find the best roast profile for the 3 types of coffee that grow on my farm in nicaragua. I live in LA, but but could go anywhere in so cal with my Behmor for a roasting lesson. Please contact me if you're in

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

Users Online
Guests Online: 9

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,050
Newest Member: TopherM
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cheap poplite mod challenge
Lawnmowerman
I picked up a poplite for a buck saturday. ANy suggestions for modding it out are requested. Is the motor dc or ac? Dc would enable me to boost the motor not just dim. Hmm... Maybe i should open it up. Thanks in advance.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
Lawnmowerman
I hope to do this without spending more than maybe 20 bucks more. I have one router controller. 1 bypass vacuum motor, some heatgun coils. And a 1080w p2 knockoff guts to work with. Too bad i dont have two router controllers. So thats the challenge.
Lawnmowerman
Forgot to mention i did one roast tonite and had to hold it backwards to prevent beans from flying. It worked. WiIl compare next to the same done with a p 2. In the morning i mean. And after the breadmaker is back up, i can start it. The project i mean. Bmhg will be posted in the bmhg section.
Lawnmowerman
The breadmaker languishes. But i tried a little mix and match today. And discovered that the roast chambers interchange. So when i do get to this mod, the first thing i will do is use the poppery2 knockoff roast chamber on this. I will need to make 4 holes to mate everything up. The motor is dc. Will run it with a linear regulator. Can someone tell me what is a safe maximum voltage to drive a popper motor with. I plan to remove the diode bridge to gain an extra 1.4 volts, so that must be accounted for. No sense having it there if im not driving it with ac. Thanks in advance. Ben
Jump to Forum: