Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/04/2021 9:04 PM
I have been trying Scott Rao Hario V60 pourover this week. 1:17 and blooming with 2 parts water the first 45 seconds then splitting the rest into 2 pours. A little stirring is included. We like it.

03/04/2021 11:35 AM
My brew ratio is 1:17 (exactly 59.5 g/L). That's roughly 8.5g per 5-oz cup.

02/27/2021 9:29 AM
I'm looking to hire someone to teach/help me to find the best roast profile for the 3 types of coffee that grow on my farm in nicaragua. I live in LA, but but could go anywhere in so cal with my Behmor for a roasting lesson. Please contact me if you're in

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

Users Online
Guests Online: 10

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,051
Newest Member: jimmyandrew
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
No Subject
hoosier21
Hello all,
I'm Jeff from South Bend, IN. I've been roasting in a hot air popper for a year, until now. My wife bought me a Behmor 1600 for Christmas. I purchase my beans from Theta Ridge here in South Bend. They are great people to work with over there, and have very reasonable prices. I've roasted twice with the Behmor, just 1/4 batches. Set off the smoke alarm last night. :-) I have a great wife who does not mind a little smell or smoke in the house. I received 8 lbs with the Behmor, plus I had several lbs of Santos. So I have plenty to play with. I do enjoy adding flavoring oils to the Santos once in awhile.

My wife actually got me into roasting. I had really never thought of it myself. She gave me a box of beans for Christmas last year from Theta, and a book on roasting. It's been fun!
Dan
Howdy from West Lafayette, IN!
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.
snwcmpr
Welcome, I am in Waynesville, NC.
I use a HotTop. Can you get 'throw away beans' from your supplier to use as test beans while learning to use the machine?

I have a 1941 South Bend lathe made in South Bend, In.
My daughter and her family live in Crown Point.

Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
Jump to Forum: