Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Affogatos
ginny
You will all love this, just remember to serve fast...

An Italian dessert drowning in espresso. Affogatos can be made by covering ice cream with strong coffee. A typical Italian Affogato is a scoop of vanilla gelato covered with a shot of espresso and served immediately. Affogatos should not have too much melted ice cream or gelato, and should be bitter-sweet with a combination of textures. Popular Affogatos include Vanilla Affogato, Mocha Affogato, and Peppermint Affogato.?

-g

jedovaty
These are awesome; I use decaf in the evening.

A local shop, Portola, does this through their tasting thing called "Theorem" with a modern spin, using liquid nitrogen. It's awesome.

Dan
One of my favorite deserts!
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

troposcuba
If ya really want to treat yourself, go get some Graeters vanilla ice cream (the best) and make your affogato with that. MMMMMM.
Sean

DavidG

Dan wrote:

One of my favorite deserts!

DITTO!! An all-time fav of mine, too.
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

Smksignals
theres a lil gelato shop around the corner from me that takes this to the next level. Its called a 'Wafflegato'. Fresh hot baked waffle with gelato and espresso on top. The waffle sucks up all that melty goodness. Mmmm Mmmm good !

GaryatGala
My idea of my affogato is to divide a litre of best quality gourmet ice cream into 3 equal portions.

Blend each portion with Kahlua, Ameretto, and Frangelico respectively. Refreeze.

Create one scoop from each into a triangle cocktail glass.
Pour a double espresso on top.
Sprinkle crushed coffee beans on top.

Enjoy.
Another member of the KKTO rider's club, together with coretto, FZ-RR700 Baby Roaster and a sad sack of less than 20 kilograms of greens.

shsesc

GaryatGala wrote:

My idea of my affogato is to divide a litre of best quality gourmet ice cream into 3 equal portions.

Blend each portion with Kahlua, Ameretto, and Frangelico respectively. Refreeze.

Create one scoop from each into a triangle cocktail glass.
Pour a double espresso on top.
Sprinkle crushed coffee beans on top.

Enjoy.

That sounds amazing.

GaryatGala
It tastes nicer than it sounds!!

I had this when stumbling upon a cafe for lunch. Twas a great ending to a fine lunch.

You can do it minus the liquours and simply add ground pistachio, fine chocolate and cinnamon for example.
Still gourmet style.
ThumbsUp
Another member of the KKTO rider's club, together with coretto, FZ-RR700 Baby Roaster and a sad sack of less than 20 kilograms of greens.

Koffee Kosmo

GaryatGala wrote:

It tastes nicer than it sounds!!

I had this when stumbling upon a cafe for lunch. Twas a great ending to a fine lunch.

You can do it minus the liquours and simply add ground pistachio, fine chocolate and cinnamon for example.
Still gourmet style.
ThumbsUp

I have had a similar style affogato in Brisbane
It's yum

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://forum.hom...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.