Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
05/23/2022 10:46 AM
abiy welcome cup

renatoa
05/18/2022 6:13 AM
gnosis coffee roasters and Terry Hauser, welcome !

allenb
05/15/2022 7:00 PM
lsawade welcome Welcome

renatoa
05/15/2022 9:13 AM
Welcome, Pinofly and Alex008

allenb
05/12/2022 7:47 PM
CafficitoeTim and pmf2000 Welcome! Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 9

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,580
Newest Member: abiy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roasting in Cooler Temps?
MassWineGuy
I'm seriously considering a used 1600 in excellent condition. I learned that I can tweak the settings to get very dark roasts, if desired.

Unless I can rig some kind of external venting hose, the only place in my house where I can roast coffee is my outside porch. In colder months it's all glassed in, and screened during warmer weather.

Ginny posted an issue about the unit turning the heating unit off in cooler temperatures. Does this mean that I pretty much won't be able to use the Behmor if the ambient temperature is in the 50s or below?
Edited by ginny on 04/12/2013 5:25 PM

ginny

Ginny posted an issue about the unit turning the heating unit off in cooler temperatures. Does this mean that I pretty much won't be able to use the Behmor if the ambient temperature is in the 50s or below?

OK Wine Guy,

I made an error. It was too hot. Looking at the post I was in Scottsdale, AZ. It never get cold in Scottsdale AZ.

I needed to take the machine into the house and let it cool...

The fix was correct, tighten the nut or let the darn thing cool...

I am surprised Eddie never called me on that and it is clearly a mistake.

Do not fear using your Behmor in cold weather. I had it here in Snowflake AZ
and it gets like 9 degrees for 2/3 months every year. The Behmor was one machine I never really used in the house.

If the Behmor is in good condition do not hesitate to buy it. It is a great machine.

I only sold mine because I really like the Hot Tops and Quest 3.

I could not get a decent espresso out of the Behmor but that is most likely my not trying and playing hard enough with the machine itself. When you use something and it's not a good fit it never works the right way. That was me and my Behmor.

ginny

greenman

MassWineGuy
Thanks, Ginny.

allenb
I've had issues with my Behmor not wanting to start when leaving it in a fairly cold area (45 F) for several hours. I had to take a blow dryer to the inside for a few minutes to get it to snap out of it.

I don't remember if there was an error code or not. I loaded the beans, set the buttons and pushed start and a beep sounded with no start occurring.

A remedy for this is just to keep the roaster indoors at normal indoor temps and only take it out in the cold when ready to roast.

This is assuming yours happens to hate the cold like mine.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

MassWineGuy
That makes a lot of sense, Allen. Keep it inside UNTIL I need to roast outside. I'm not kidding at all here, but that's something I may never have thought of. Thanks! That $175 Behmor is looking bettter and better.

Jump to Forum: