renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,213
Newest Member: eximwind

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Big Question - should you mod your roaster?
ginny
This is always a source of banter and I do not have the answer but I will say that you need to decide if you want to roast for yourself or someone else?

Off the shelf roasters are GREAT, period; each will perform for you.

We are an equal opportunity site. You can mod your roaster or you can use it off the shelf and love it just the same.

The grass is always greener for some on the other side but perfect for many of us here on the right side...

You decide for yourself what is best for you...

if you have questions about should or shouldn't ask them please.

You can also go the the individual roaster forums and find out how others mod their roasters. We are here regardless. Mod or not mod it is OK with us.

I have 3 roasters at present and none have been modified. I love my roasters. I get great roasts and have the perfect cafe cremas every day because I roast my own coffee.

ginny

ready for
tikibar
Edited by ginny on 05/10/2013 6:11 PM

SmokNmirz
Ginny:

If you can think of an improvement to your 3 roasters then by all means, Mod away!

Some Mods to thing can be as simple as putting the power cord out a different side or bottom of the machine to make it more user friendly for your environment.

Cheers!
Stephen
L-1p, HG-1-motorized, Monolith Flat, (ordered) mini500Plus.

If whatever you do does not put a smile on your face then rethink what you are doing.

imaroaster
If you mod make sure you have a "Plan B".
I tore apart my roaster and ran into problems and haven't resolved all the issues. I haven't roasted in several months due to not having a back up plan. :(

Dan
My motto is, "Never leave well enough alone!"
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

SmokNmirz

Dan wrote:

My motto is, "Never leave well enough alone!"

And that is why I don't collect antiques... If one tinkers with them and Mods them the value is ruined, so modern coffee gear is wide open to ModdingGrin Unless you want to collect coffee gear, and never use it, just to own it...
L-1p, HG-1-motorized, Monolith Flat, (ordered) mini500Plus.

If whatever you do does not put a smile on your face then rethink what you are doing.

Jump to Forum: