Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Does anyone know Jim Gallt?
happycat
I ordered a TC4C back on May 7 but I haven't heard from him. I've emailed a few times from different email accounts to get around spam issues. His last post here mentioned a lot of running. I hope he is healthy.

Any info would help as I have none. His last post here mentioned shipping notices would go out weeks ago but I haven't received anything.

Is he ok?

Thanks.
Edited by ginny on 07/06/2013 11:00 AM

smico
This is very unusual.
I hope he is all right.
I can't wait to hear from Jim or someone who knows him personally.
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario

snwcmpr
His last visit here was June first.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Dan
"Who is John Galt?" Grin
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

ginny
they are talking about JimG?

-g

Grin

Dan
It's a literary reference: See http://en.wikiped.../John_Galt
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

arriflex
Unfortunately, I have also not heard from him regarding an order placed over a month ago. I have tried emailing him, and putting up a message over on the home-barista forum and now here. I do hope all is well.

arri

ginny
I was not concerned with Ayn Rand when I read your post.

but it was a great line Dan.
-g
Edited by zombie girl on 06/21/2013 4:23 PM

snwcmpr
The John Galt message was a distraction from the question of contacting a member JimB. Funny non-the-less.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

snwcmpr
OOOPS. I meant JimG, not JimB.
Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Dan
Newbie, Did you send him a PM through this forum? It might use a working email addy.

ginny
I have sent Jim several PM's and he is not around as yet.

he will return I am sure he is simply got family stuff to do.

please do not worry about Jim's reliability he is a follow through guy.

-g

rockon

coffeeroastersclub

ginny wrote:

I have sent Jim several PM's and he is not around as yet.

he will return I am sure he is simply got family stuff to do.

please do not worry about Jim's reliability he is a follow through guy.

-g

rockon

Maybe he is on a vacation. Laying in the sun, Drinking lots of coffee, and flipping burgers.

beach pouring bbq

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

ginny
actually that's my guess...

beach

tikibar tiki

smico
Every day I login here hoping to find some news here...

ginny
I believe I have his home address. I will drop him a note to ask if he is OK.

-g

smico
Thank you ginny.

BadHabitRoasters
I am also waiting to hear that the order has been received.

arriflex
Unfortunately, rutting around JimG's website reveals he announced this February that "At least for now, we are no longer making PID kits for the Silvia. Thanks for looking."

Hopefully he hasn't given up on the TC4 hardware yet!

As of September 2012, the ordering page reflects TC4 Shield Version 5.30; however the Google repository only holds schematic and board layouts from 2010 for version 3.00 of the shield. The self-contained TC4C layout and schematic appear to be up to date at version 1.31 but I cannot locate a BOM for it.

I've never done it before, but in another month I may start considering printing my own board or having it done.

Jim, I do hope you're galavanting in Mulligan's Valley or at least Ouray, Colorado and that you intend to fulfill the outstanding orders. If not, we would certainly appreciate knowing.

Hope all is well.

ginny
OK,

Jim has been here forever making sure you all got the information you needed. Jim has gone way beyond what most would do...

if he is having a bit of trouble or is not available, hang on

give the guy a minute.

I am closing this thread not to be egregious but so it does not end up going down hill...

if you need to ask about Jim please PM me or use
[email protected]

thanks in advance,

ginny

smoking
Edited by ginny on 06/28/2013 8:31 AM

Jump to Forum: