Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Does anyone know Jim Gallt?
ginny
From his site:

Update 5-July-2013: It has become impossible for me to keep up with orders for these circuit boards. To date, each and every one has been built by hand in my small shop, but demands on my time are simply too great to continue "as-is." I am exploring other ways to get the soldering done while trying to keep the prices in line with where they are currently. I apologize to all who have placed orders and subsequently received a refund without explanation. I hope to have this situation resolved later this summer, but for now I cannot accept new orders.

this was posted yesterday, July 5, 2013, on Jim's site...

ginny
Edited by ginny on 07/07/2013 6:24 PM

JackH
Hopefully Jim will have a solution. His assistance has been valuable here and I learned a lot from his posts.

--Jack

smico
This is good to hear.
Thank you Ginny.
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario

ginny
smico,

thanks, Jim is OK and that was the most important thing for me.

we have a few members who have offered their assistance and this is always great to see...

thanks for your continued support and concern for Jim.

hang in there and all will be taken care of...

thanks smico...

ginny

burger tiki
Edited by ginny on 07/09/2013 7:55 AM

happycat
I am relieved to hear he is ok... My imagination was focusing on the half marathons he was running as I did one and it took months to recover... And a guy a half K ahead of me, my age, actually died due to the hot weather.

I would like to help in some way but I am not sure how.

I am thinking if the issue is production line, maybe there is a community college where students are training to do this kind of work. Or maybe this has to go overseas due to costs. A price bump might be required and is not necessarily a bad thing. No one should feel taken advantage of when they are doing work... They should be compensated reasonably. My mother was a perfectionist who created professional cakes but never took much for them and ended up feeling pretty bad after a few years.

ginny
greenphil:

how kind and supportive of you to offer help to Jim.

thanks from all here. I am sure he will be in contact soon.

you have a very interesting background.

you will enjoy your Hot Top. which model is it?

we have lost of HT users here, including myself. great machine.

thanks for posting,

ginny

rockon

Randy G
Indirectly, through official, non-coffee sources, I have heard the Jim is alive and well. I know no more than that, but thought that this news would at least allay some concerns that I know many of us were feeling.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

Randy G
I heard from Jim this morning by E-Mail. He gave me permission to post this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had to put aside all of my coffee-related activities for the time being. In order to do this I have had to leave my gmail account unmonitored. So no doubt I have accumulated a lot of messages from you and others that have gone unanswered.
The reasons for my sabbatical are day-job-related, and not in any way health-related. My company is involved in the biggest project in its history. We are part of a team that won a $900M bridge project that is on an extremely fast track. We actually started the job in January, but it was not until this spring that things became very, very hectic.
I tried to continue to keep up with the coffee and circuit activities for several months, but it was making my life miserable. So in late May I decided I just needed to back out of the coffee world until things slowed down at work for me.
Thanks for your concerns and efforts to make sure I am OK. I understand that my sudden disappearance has probably caused concerns and many aggravations. I have either delivered or refunded all circuit board orders, and have removed the Buy links from my web pages.
I hope to return to building boards and working on roasting projects at some point in the future, but I doubt it could be before later in the fall of 2013. The first round of our bridge designs should wrap up sometime in September, and then we will have a little breathing room before we tackle the 2014 bridge designs.
If you wish to pass this information along to others who might be concerned, please feel free.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

snwcmpr
That's good to hear. Thanks Randy.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

tamarian
Good stuff to hear from Jim, thanks Randy!
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

JackH
Glad to hear he is OK. He seemed to be everywhere helping here and on other sites. I am amazed at the information and assistance he provided.

Thanks for letting us know Randy.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

smico
I am glad all is good.
I had identical problem and solution with my coffee distribution efforts on GCBC. At some point something has to give up.
Regards,
Miroslav
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario

happycat
It is amazing that a full time civil engineer had time to make circuit boards at all. That's great news about his firm, and totally understandable. Glad he is doing ok.

JackH
I just visited Jim's TC4 site and it looked like he was planning on starting up again in September....But the year is 2012.
JackH attached the following image:
capture.png

Edited by JackH on 08/11/2013 4:15 AM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

snwcmpr
Jack, that is Sept 2012.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

JackH

snwcmpr wrote:

Jack, that is Sept 2012.

Ken in NC

That is odd. I did not notice that. It may be a typo. We will see I guess.
I thought it did say each board was not available last week with a different date, I may be wrong.

Sorry about the confusion.
Edited by JackH on 08/10/2013 8:25 AM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

snwcmpr
It's magic.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Barrie
I had read Jim's list of dated posts as something to be read from below up, with the latest at the top?
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

JackH
Hi Barre,

You are right. After looking at it again, the latest news is at the top. Wishful thinking on my part when I saw the September dates for availability.

Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

coffeesnob
I just found this thread.

Does anyone have update on this? Unfortunately I ordered and paid for a TC4C and HTC from http://www.mlgp-llc.com/htri/ before I knew they weren't available.

I totally understand the circumstance, but would like to get my money refunded.

Jump to Forum: