Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/19/2021 6:22 AM
Welcome tarunk!

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

10/14/2021 4:00 AM
Morning, ar3mia ! and... coffee drink

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 14

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,363
Newest Member: tarunk

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What roaster would you like to build next?
Dan
I'm just being curious. I'm wondering what people are building, designing or dreaming about. What roaster would like to build? What is your fantasy roaster like?

Me? I'm playing around with the idea of using that little centrifugal blower and making a one-pound hot air roaster as a companion for my one-pound sample roaster.
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.
tamarian
I thought your direct flame roaster is/was a major fantasy roaster!

My fantasy roaster is sort of a fish tank fluid bed. Two parallel glass rectangles where the path of heating chamber, roasting chamber, charge hopper, cooler, de-chaffer and maybe even an after-burner all contained and visible through the glass, and all the charging/dumping door mechanisms controlled electronically.
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F
farmroast
Been rethinking what makes a bean happy beach

working with top pro roasters now I'm getting into the concept of better batch to batch consistency. a way bigger problem than had thought
Edited by farmroast on 07/27/2013 8:18 PM
Ed B.
DreamRoast 1kg roaster, Levers, Hand Mills http://coffee-roa...gspot.com/
Koffee Kosmo
I have already designed the next KKTO V2 roaster
Very streamlined and uses every bit of available heat to roast larger batches

Apart from commercial offerings I can't find anything that comes close to the Farmroast and KKTO designs

KK
I home roast and I like it. Designer of the KKTO
Roaster Build information
https://forum.hom...ad_id=1142

https://docs.goog...lide=id.i0
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/

Bezzera Strega, Mazzer Robur Grinder, Pullman Tamper Convex,
(KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster.
Lawnmowerman
Im working @a snails pace on a fluidbed that is encased, uses a heat exchanger and found parts.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
tiopaeng
I'm working on a 1/2lb Electric Drum and a Gas Glass Tube Fluid Bed. Progress has been slow due to limited resources. I'm trying to piece work whenever I can at work.
oldgearhead
Right now I'm making a couple of small modifications to my 120V/25A, heat-reclaiming, fluid-bed roaster in an effort to roast one-pound of green coffee beans with 1000 watts of heat in under 15 minutes.

Today I'll be running a couple of temperature tests, and if the results are as expected, I'll try a decaf roast, and maybe some 'real' coffee when ET (ambient) gets back to 80?F.
:
oldgearhead attached the following image:
rc_top_1.jpg

No oil on my beans...
Jump to Forum: