Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/26/2021 1:55 AM
Welcome, Ukwoody, liamsmith, timbarnes, SydHagen and GISpoIRiS !

10/25/2021 3:16 PM
MendoEB, Welcome to HRO! Welcome

10/21/2021 2:41 AM
muckymuck, mckinleyharris and williamjonex welcome cup

10/19/2021 6:22 AM
Welcome tarunk!

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 19

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,377
Newest Member: Ukwoody

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Igniting Gas Burner
BryanG
I have been looking and seen a bunch of different ignitors for burners, running from hand held lighters, to batter operated, to push button. I am hoping to have my roaster concealed in a stainless box, changing batteries is not appealing if I have to remove a panel.

Has anyone used a electric spark module like they have on kitchen stoves? Seems like it would be easy to hook a switch to one. (I am looking at fluid air) So I would turn on air, turn on spark, open gas valve, turn off spark, and then roast away.

http://www.amazon...im_sbs_k_1

Is it that simple or am I missing something? I could go and raid a discarded stove and get the parts for nothing :)
Edited by JETROASTER on 08/27/2013 2:09 PM
Dan
Bryan, It is that simple. I would use a momentary switch for ignition. Keep in mind that some ranges use 220v, and that the transformer coil might be wired with that in mind. You have to use high-voltage rated insulated wire between the transformer's secondary winding and the "spark plug." It would be great if you could get the whole shebang from an old range, or appliance parts dealer.
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.
allenb
My personal preference is the BBQ grill battery operated models which the batteries will last at least 2 years (I've seen 4 years).

Here's a reasonably priced 120 volt unit:

http://surpluscit.../66226/603

Edit: I looked up the honeywell replacement and seems to be around $90.00!

The ones on Amazon where you link to are a lot cheaper.

Allen
Edited by allenb on 08/27/2013 8:04 PM
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
broeker
I use one of the Piezo one on my roasters.....haven't had any problems..... and they're ver simple
Jump to Forum: