renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,211
Newest Member: bijurexim

View Thread

Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community » HOMEROASTER USER GROUPS (HUGS) » South HUGS
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GA HUG5 Dec 10th Door Prize !!
David
Calling all homeroasters, espresso fiends, and lovers of fine coffee. It's that time again.

I've been basking in the fine, warm memories of our grand Get-Together [GA HUGS 4] at Bob Roseman's. But, alas, the chill in the air now makes it hard to remember exactly the wonderful nip of the espresso fom the La Spaziale, or the mouth-watering aroma of the coffee roasting in the RK drum [manned by Ron Kyle himself], or the awesomeness of Doug Strait's nifty, home-designed-electronics, custom-modded yellow and white Poppery. I do remember Doug's nametag, however, having personally written it on his shiny pate! He-heh!
Ooh, and the food! Unforgetable.
We had over twenty people present, including visitors from as far away as Chattanooga, TN, and Stateboro, GA.

So, who is interested in meeting somewhere in this area in the next month?

We have an invitation to meet in the North Atlanta area again, but we need a date and a time. We used to meet with the hard core on Saturdays, but we had such a great turnout for our last meeting that it might be that Sunday afternoon is actually much better.

[Please feel free to post responses here in this thread or over at CoffeeGeek, where I post as "verde" ]
B)
Edited by David on 12/05/2006 9:26 PM

EddieDove
I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. If I could work out the logistics, would you mind if I participated in the GA HUG? Grin
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

The South Coast Coffee Roaster
vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://southcoast...gspot.com/

David
Y'all come on over, heah?

We'd love to have you at the HUGS meeting.
Come early and visit the Georgia Aquarium. Totally awesome.

H)

EddieDove
Thanks, I appreciate it. H)
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

Ascholten
Sunday, urgh, id have to take monday off work, I live in jacksonville florida and atlanta is what 4 hours?

I bet I could probably make it if something stupid don't come up.

Aaron
Bean there Done that, donated the T-shirt to the Church of the Second crack.... St Beanyface

David

Ascholten wrote:
Sunday, urgh, id have to take monday off work, I live in jacksonville florida and atlanta is what 4 hours?

I bet I could probably make it if something stupid don't come up.

Aaron

You're looking at about 380 miles.
So, if you try to make it four hours, the something stupid that might come up would probably be wearing blue flashing lights. I'd plan for six hours.

s:7
David attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

David
South HUGS

The date will be Sunday, December 10, 2006. The time will be 3:00 pm.
The place will be a new one for us:

Everything Coffee & Tea
5910 Shiloh Road, Suite 113
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005

This is on the north side of Atlanta, about 18 miles north of I-285, just off GA-400.

Rob Tuttle will be our host. The shop is usually closed on the week-ends, so this is special for us. We will have the place to ourselves. Rob also said that there would be plenty of space for roasting demonstrations.

The big feature will be the new Clover brewing machine. I had a chance to have some coffee from one at SCAA in Charlotte this past spring, and it was fabulous! s:1

We need a nose count for planning purposes, so please let me know if you think you'll be coming.

lisabeeen
WISH i could go!!! It'd be great if you guys took pics/videos to share here.............
s:6

Ascholten
Thanks David, let me see what I can do on this. Hopefully Ill know in a few days if I can make it or not.

Aaron
Bean there Done that, donated the T-shirt to the Church of the Second crack.... St Beanyface

David
I'd love to see you there, Aaron.
You'd take the distance record away from the folks in Chattanooga, TN, and Statesboro, GA.

Now if you'd taken that job in Asheville, it would be a lot shorter trip. Grin

Ascholten
David I wish I got that job but they didn't pick me. Oh well, im earning more now, and well... sometimes working long hours ie 70+ hour weeks but the paycheck is nice. To bad my creaking old ass back, legs, ankles, etc.. don't agree Shock This is going to sound terrible but... some days, thank god for percocet.

Let me run it by them at work and see if I can take monday off, or at least come in at noon or something, give me some time to get back home.

Ill be honest though it might not fly, we just got into another ship and well, it's the typical BS of a workup period.

First two weeks OH MY GOD>.. HURRY,, get all this s*it torn apart!!! then you spend the next 8 weeks looking for something to do, then the last week or two, OH MY GOD:>>> HURRY get this s*it all put together again!!! Of course then we have the armchair planners, managing by E mail (or shall I say micromanaging) and decisions made in 30 inches of vaccuum which permeate the scene and well.. you can imagine the fun to be had at times.

I will try though, as I really would like to attend one of these things. IF I can make it, ill bring my I roast with in case anyone wants to see the mini industrial vac hooked backwards cook beans heh Grin

Aaron

David
I have way too many vacuum bewers. So, I will be offering one as a Door Prize.
Just come and put your name in the hat and have a chance at a 1950's vintage vac pot.
It will be either a Cory or a Silex.
David attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

EddieDove
Did you guys have the gathering?
Respectfully,

Eddie Dove

David
We did. Thanks for asking.
Sixteen folks showed up to help slurp espresso and to taste Yirg Idido Misty Valley via the clover. Yum! Grin
Luis A. made off with the vac pot.
I handed off a few AeroPresses to Green Coffee Co-op members, and we all enjoyed the munchies provided by our hosts at All Things Coffee and Tea. [They are wholesale purveyors of coffees, teas, and equipment.]

lilboybrew
Hello, all. I just recently (couple weeks) found you guys and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Athens, GA; 55 yrs old; wife & 2 all-grown-up kids.

Important part: I have tried the Whirly-Pop (not for me), I have 2 broken Fresh Roasts (slow learner on cool-down times), a brand-spanking iRoast2 that I'm still learning how to use, and I just came into posession of a Poppery II (free!) to tinker with. I'm also very intersted in the BM/HG idea.

If it's okay, I would love to attend one of your get-togethers around Atlanta. I really hate that I came into the picture too late for the 12/10 meeting, but so it goes.

Anyway, glad I found this forum. I'm looking forward to learning all I can.

Larry Johnson
To be good is noble, but to teach others how to be good is nobler...and less trouble.
- Mark Twain

David
Hey, you've come to the right place for lots of reasons, some of which mey yet to be discovered. B) He-heh.

I always announce the meetings here, but you can PM me and I'll put you on the local mailing list, too.

David
Heatgun/Breadmachine
in Atlanta

PS> A picture of my machine is on the HOMEROASTERS.ORG main page.

Look in the upper left corner of this page for Navigation. Click just under it on HOMEROASTERS.ORG, then click on Homebuilt Roasters, then scroll to the bottom. Voila!

mattwells
I finally followed the Signature link from one of the alt.coffee guys and made it here.

I am in Athens [as well] and found out about the ATL get-together on CG, but found out too late. If there is a listserv for ATL-area folks, I would love to be added to it as well.

I have a popper (given to me along with some coffee when my wife and I bought our house) and have really enjoyed the 1 moderately successful batch I made. The real problem for me was batch size - 1 round in the popper makes one pot of coffee - and I don't have time to roast every day (and don't want to spend 2 hours roasting for the week).

Now I am looking for a used HotTop or Gene Cafe to do some larger batch roasting (I have read lots of threads and done lots of research, and though I love taking things apart and putting them back together, I don't want mess with some of the home-made contraptions).

All that to say, let me know when the next get-together is.
/mw

David

mattwells wrote:
I am in Athens [as well] and found out about the ATL get-together on CG, but found out too late. If there is a listserv for ATL-area folks, I would love to be added to it as well.

There is not a listserv per se, but I keep an informal list of locals to notify.
Just PM me and give me your email address and I'll add you to my list.

oofnik
Matt you're not the only one to find out about the meet too late. Man, I'm literally 10 miles away from Everything Coffee & Tea! I'd love to come to the next meet whenever you guys decide to do it again. Grin

David
You're in a good location, oofnik, as most of our meetings are up in that area. c:2

dfi
story of my life, I just found out about this site and missed the last gathering any plans of another?c:1c:1

David
Si. I'm scheming up one for the end of March.c:2

PM me if you want to be on the local emailing list.
Edited by David on 01/15/2007 8:10 PM

Jump to Forum: